Help with Installing rail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help with Installing rail

There's no rail I'm aware of that requires the gas tube to hold it in place. Certainly would be an awful design for a real AR and there aren't many airsoft handguards which don't rip off a real design.

R.e. your Madbull Omega, they make some of their forends like that deliberately so that you can't put them on an actual self loading firearm, blocking areas in the upper section where the gas system resides. Not all Madbull rails are like that, but it varies based upon the wishes of the company that makes the RS originals MB have licensed. You could have the inside milled out by someone who knows what they're doing, but that'll cost a few notes so I'd do some more research and 1. Be certain it's the style of handguard you want and 2. That the picatinny is all to spec and all your accessories fit and lock on securely (MB are rather inconsistent in that regard).
    REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

In any case your choices would seem to be:
      - Get hold of a barrel nut/delta ring assembly where the star part is fixed in place.
      - Get some one to mill out the RIS to allow for the gas tube
      - Buy a different RIS (one of the Daniel defence ones with the replacement nut)

Comment

Originally posted by dexadrine View Post
        In any case your choices would seem to be:
        - Get hold of a barrel nut/delta ring assembly where the star part is fixed in place.
        - Get some one to mill out the RIS to allow for the gas tube
        - Buy a different RIS (one of the Daniel defence ones with the replacement nut)
        I was actually thinking of getting it milled out but getting a new barrel nut is actually not a bad idea.
        Thanks mate

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Frostlord Find out more about Frostlord
        Working...
        X