Real Sword AK Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Sword AK Series

So, I'm getting paid next Thursday and being a new year, I'm going to go for something different (namely, the above).

Preferably, I'd like to save some money and buy second hand. I'd want it 'out of the box' standard (internally, I'm not fussed by a few scratches here and there).

I was looking for an idea of how much I'd be spending on a set-up with a few mid-caps. Out of what I've seen, I also like the folding stock version.

I've also noticed a lack of flash hiders on them. Would there be a way to get a thread on the outer barrel for a flash hider/suppressor?

Thanks.
    sigpic
    "I are God, lol."

Re: Real Sword AK Series

Hey up Will. They fire really well out of the box but the hop rubbers are not the best, although the inner barrels are good.
    It's worth replacing the downgraded spring to a 110 or 120. The internals are made to handle 400 FPS out of the factory and the spring is downgraded for the Euro/Japan markets.
    My Type 56-2 is the best shooting RIF I've had, very accurate and incredible range. I tried a few hop rubbers and found the blue shark jobs to be the best in terms of feeding. I also use a Promethius inner barrel which helps with accuracy but is not needed.
    I am not a huge fan of the black poly hand guards so I replaced mine with real steel wood, but I like the side folding stock (very handy for transport). Be aware you need real steel bling if you want to add anything to it as it is the exact dimensions of a real AK.
    Also worth remembering that you do really need to use Real Sword mags. The high caps are a bit crap, they don't wind up much and the mid cap springs are a bit weak and mine struggle to push .3 BBs into the gun on full auto.
    They are heavy. Very heavy. And they rust, which is cool.
    IIRC I paid about £350 all in for mine second hand with 6 mags. Upgraded spring, barrel, hop rubber + furniture and it was £450 total.

The Type 96s are very nice as well, I want to get one of those at some point in the future...
    “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Comment

As above, very nice bits of kit. But with something so nice, Id definitely go brand new.

Type (7s are great, I really wish I still had mine but redundancy is a b**ch.

Comment

There is one in the classified right now! Good price too!!

Comment

Originally posted by magoo View Post
          There is one in the classified right now! Good price too!!
          I've seen that, but don't get paid until next Thursday, which is an absolute ass.
          sigpic
          "I are God, lol."

Comment

I have all the real sword guns apart from the 56/2
            Out of the box the range accuracy is astounding on all of them , no need for aftermarket internals as the rs internals are better quality thN most upgrade parts ,
            I use Lonex flash mags for my aks . A little bit of grinding to the mag and they fit and feed flawlessly .
            My 56/ 1 is coming up for 4 years old with thousands of rounds through it and it still hits 65/ 70 Mtrs accuratly at 325 Fps . Have not had a single issue or fail whatsoever
            Awesome guns and worth every penny !!

Comment

It's been sat on my shelf collecting dust for a while now. How shameful of me...

Going to get the hop up switched for a blue shark and the mags sorted soon (as recommended by Trouble), then I'll be taking it out for it's second game. I tried using it 'out of the box' (obviously with a barrel clean), but it was absolutely dire. Terrible feeding from the gun and the mags...

To buy a PBS silencer or not... Hmmm...
              sigpic
              "I are God, lol."

Comment

What bbs are you using ?

Comment

Can't say, as they're another retailer's own brand.

5.85 +/- 0.01 (apparently). So far, everybody I know that uses them have had no issue, if anything highly rating them. I will be trying to source some G+G .25 whites, though I've struggled to find them so far.
                  sigpic
                  "I are God, lol."

Comment

I use blaster , .25 /.28 in all mine no problems at all !!
                    Try using different bbs . As rs use a 602 / o3 barrels in all their guns , could be that the bbs are not suitable for tightbore barrels

Comment

I used to use Blaster, but then went to G+G. Looks like I'll be going back a couple steps!
                      sigpic
                      "I are God, lol."

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

WillGreen Find out more about WillGreen
                      Working...
                      X