Suggest a Good Beginners Pistol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggest a Good Beginners Pistol

Just looking at getting into airsoft, I'm not intending to do any skirmishing only target shooting with a pistol. If anyone could suggest one that would be great. My budget is no more than £110, I'd like a metal slide and one which is well built and reliable (obviously two tone as well).

Also, what is the law on taking airsoft on a train?

Re: Suggest a Good Beginners Pistol

Originally posted by Deer243 View Post
    Just looking at getting into airsoft, I'm not intending to do any skirmishing only target shooting with a pistol. If anyone could suggest one that would be great. My budget is no more than £110, I'd like a metal slide and one which is well built and reliable (obviously two tone as well).

Also, what is the law on taking airsoft on a train?
    I had good luck with the KJW G23. With your budget, you could probably find one and have some spare cash for spare magazine.
    The WE P226/8/9 and glock models are all supposed to be pretty good (although older examples may not hold up as well), and reasonably priced. Some of thier other models can be a bit dodgy though (especially the 1911 and hi-power) so it pays to do your research.

Alternatively, keep an eye out on the classified sections on here. you may well be able to find a TM (anything except thier Five seven) or similar being sold by someone willing to 2-tone.
    Not actually a builder
    Not actually called Bob.

Comment

I recommend the G&G X-treme 45 pistol,all metal blowback high fps (mine chronod at 390 with .25s) no problems at all cheap 80 pounds and an extra mag is only 20 pounds.

Comment

If you're not intending on skirmishing and purely want a pistol for target shooting, get yourself an air pistol instead. You can obtain an authentic replica that does not require a two tone finish, provided you are over 18.

Comment

Go for tm, even if it means saving a bit more.

Glock, sig or 1911. Just as there easier to get spare bits and accessories for as there always popular
          FOR SALE
          7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
          , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

[QUOTE=Bishie;1361739]If you're not intending on skirmishing and purely want a pistol for target shooting, get yourself an air pistol instead. You can obtain an authentic replica that does not require a two tone finish, provided you are over 18.[/QUOTE

That's what I planned to get originally but after looking at the reviews I found that airsoft seemed to be better quality than 4.5mm

Comment

[QUOTE=Deer243;1361749]
              Originally posted by Bishie View Post
              If you're not intending on skirmishing and purely want a pistol for target shooting, get yourself an air pistol instead. You can obtain an authentic replica that does not require a two tone finish, provided you are over 18.[/QUOTE

That's what I planned to get originally but after looking at the reviews I found that airsoft seemed to be better quality than 4.5mm
              What were you looking at specifically? ASG, KWC and Umarex produce some high quality replicas. You just need to know where to look.

Comment

[QUOTE=Bishie;1361752]

What were you looking at specifically? ASG, KWC and Umarex produce some high quality replicas. You just need to know where to look.
                I had looked at those ones but the general trend on the Umerax Boys Club forum seemed to be that they would often start to break and run into problems after about 2-3 years. The non blowback ones looked better but I'd rather have blowback.

Comment

I had looked at those ones but the general trend on the Umerax Boys Club forum seemed to be that they would often start to break and run into problems after about 2-3 years. The non blowback ones looked better but I'd rather have blowback.
                  Again, that depends on the model. It's not the general rule. I've had dozens of air pistols over the years, mostly from KWC or Umarex, and each of them performed admirably.

Currently my collection consists of:

KWC Tanfoglio Witness 1911
                  KWC Blackwater BW1911 R2
                  KWC SIG Sauer P226 X-Five
                  Umarex Beretta Mod. 84 FS
                  Legends Makarov Ultra Blowback

Each of the above are full metal and can be field stripped. They have full-size magazines which house the CO2, and have blowback functionality. I'd sooner have an authentic air gun replica for target shooting than a (plastic) Tokyo Marui with a bright orange slide.
                  Last edited by Bishie; 8 January, 2015, 10:02.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Deer243 Find out more about Deer243
                  Working...
                  X