Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE/New Wave MP7

Hi guys,
    Just after some opinions on the WE/New Wave MP7 really. It's so cheap i'm wondering if it's a you get what you pay for kind of gun or if it is surprisingly good. Also, any idea whether the silencers made for the KWA/KSC MP7 or TM MP7 will fit?

Cheers
    TM SCAR-H Recoil // TM MK18 Recoil // VFC HK417 // KWA Kriss Vector // ASG AW.338 //
    TM Glock 18c // TM Five-SeveN // VFC FNX.45 Tactical // KWA USP.45 Tactical //

Re: WE/New Wave MP7

The AEP MP7 (even the TM one) is, by most reckoning, a pretty terrible gun, but not because Well's a particularly bad manufacturer. It's because the design of AEPs means it's doomed to low FPS and low ROF. However, they're damn fine CQB weapons if you hook up a LiPo and only fight in places where range and FPS don't matter. I have a pair, which I dual wield sometimes. Once I snuck up on about thirty guys and hosed them down like a scene from The Expendables (and in flagrant violation of the minimum distance for full-auto fire, but no one complained because it's 240fps).

So--what are you buying one for? That's the important question.

No idea if the silencer will fit, sorry.

Comment

^ The poster is asking about GBBs. The WE/New Wave/Small rice whatever is just their SMG8 with a body kit, so performance wise its the same. Some people say theyre good, lots of people say they're rubbish, I haven't owned one myself

Comment

I would rather defecate in my own hands and clap than buy a we SMG 8...they all appear to eat themselves rapidly
        -'Sly villain! Thou does not acknowledge thine hits!'
        -'I doth so, yonder vagabond, but thouest has the control of a nunnery whore, and thine accuracy doth compare to thine codpiece, short of the mark!'

Comment

In short, no, they arent really worth it. The TM and KWA GBB versions are much much better all round. In stock guise the WE SMG8 looks like somebody described what an MP7 should look like over a dodgy phone line, whilst drunk, to somebody who didnt speak very good english in a loud noisy environment who drew it on an etch a sketch. Its truly hideous. The body kit changes the externals to something less hideous, but its still not a very good imitation of an MP7 compared to the VFC, TM and KWA versions.
          sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

Originally posted by Caldymoose View Post
            The body kit changes the externals to something less hideous, but its still not a very good imitation of an MP7 compared to the VFC, TM and KWA versions.
            Isn't it 1:1 scale so therefore a better imitation than the TM and KWA?
            TM SCAR-H Recoil // TM MK18 Recoil // VFC HK417 // KWA Kriss Vector // ASG AW.338 //
            TM Glock 18c // TM Five-SeveN // VFC FNX.45 Tactical // KWA USP.45 Tactical //

Comment

The TM and KWA ones are I think 80% full scale, but unless you had a real MP7 sat next to you and you compared them like for like ill guarantee you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. I had a TM MP7 and I've had an extended play with the KWA version and the WE in drag version. The difference was minute, and it wasn't a deciding factor when I chose which one to go with. The fact the TM and KWA versions perform and look so much better (and the million upgrades/spares available for them) meant it was a no brainer. I went for the TM.

If you wanted the best replica you could get (ignoring actual performance for in game) then you'd be better off with the VFC version. Thats 1:1 scale, but comes with all the markings and such. And it was designed from the outset to look and feel like an MP7, its not had to have a bodykit added to it.
              sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

The TM MP7 is fantastic. It's my go to gun now and I've run it completely stock on green gas game after game with no issues, through all weather. It's by far the best GBB I've owned, and the range is phenomenal. Really can't reccomend them enough.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

-Archer- Proud member of 'Black Arrow' If you'd like to contact me with more ease than PM's, Email me at [email protected] :) Find out more about -Archer-
                Working...
                X