Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colt 1911 and holster

Hey,
    Could anyone recommend a nice looking Colt 1911 pistol and a shoulder holster to go with it?
    I'm looking to spend around £100 on the gun but not too much over that.
    Thank you

Re: Colt 1911 and holster

For a new gun around 100, your best bet is probably the KJW 1911. the WE 1911s are cheaper, but are not very good by all accounts.
    Alternatively, keep your eyes out on here for a used TM, especially if it's the newer series 70.

Shoulder holsters are a bit tricky. I've never seen a cheap nylon one that wasn't awful. And decent models tend to be pretty expensive, and need importing. Only option I'm aware of would be a US M3 or M7 tanker style holster. The M3 is cheaper, but can't really be set up as a true shoulder rig, while the M7 is more expensive, but can be set up as a proper shoulder holster with a bit of fiddling.
    Not actually a builder
    Not actually called Bob.

Comment

Look for a secondhand TM beats the others hands down.
      The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

Well I could but I'd like to get it asap. I might just spend the extra £50 and get the TM Government Series '70 if its worth the money
        http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=7287

Comment

You won't be disappointed, you can always add a metal kit later if you want.
          The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

The only problem i have is that i dont have a ukara and would have to get it two tone green. Any tips for paint removal so i can put it on display? I hear Zero one airsofts paint can be pretty tough to remove.

Comment

Originally posted by DaN3zY View Post
              The only problem i have is that i dont have a ukara and would have to get it two tone green. Any tips for paint removal so i can put it on display? I hear Zero one airsofts paint can be pretty tough to remove.
              If you don't have a defence, you shouldn't be removing 2-toning, on account of it being an offence.
              If you want the TM, wait for your UKARA. painting over that finish would be a real shame, and it's not going to come out the other side looking good if you strip the paint back again once you are legal to do so.
              Not actually a builder
              Not actually called Bob.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

DaN3zY Find out more about DaN3zY
              Working...
              X