Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good value vest/plate carrier with molle front, back and sides

Hi all,

So having recently got my ukara sorted, I've got myself a rifle and some mags. Now I need something to lug them around with!

My first thought was a SAAV of some sort, but then I figured that being a newbie my loadout is likely to change a lot as I get more used to what I need, how many, and where I want to put them. So, I reckon it would be better for me to get a molle plate carrier or vest so that I can tailor it as required.

To give myself maximum space for messing around and learning what I like, I would like to get one with molle on the sides, as well as the front and back. Also, I play mostly in woodland so OD or some sort of green/brown camo (really not fussed what type) would be best.

Oh, and if I'm gonna be fussy then thinner would be better, so I stand more chance of still feeling my hits.

So, does anyone have a recommendation for a good starter piece? I'd like to stay as low cost as possible, but don't want to end up with a piece of junk that will fall apart in a game or two. A Viper special ops vest seems to tick all of my boxes, but I don't know what it'll be like for comfort/quality.

Thanks for your help!

Tom

Re: Good value vest/plate carrier with molle front, back and sides

Check out the Warrior Assault Systems items at a UK tactical website. Great kit at very reasonable prices. Can't link it due to Z1 being the only retailer in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Neilfatmonkey View Post
      Check out the Warrior Assault Systems items at a UK tactical website. Great kit at very reasonable prices. Can't link it due to Z1 being the only retailer in the world.
      You just mentioned them though lol

Comment

But I never mentioned a name.

Comment

Originally posted by Neilfatmonkey View Post
          But I never mentioned a name.
          You sure?

Comment

I must admit those do look good. A little more than I was hoping to spend though so I might try (or rather keep trying) to snag one second hand on here.

As another option, I've found a Condor Multicam Modular Operator Plate Carrier on sale for about £60. Would that be a decent bet?

Tom

Comment

Look for a warrior tmv vest, molle all over, very light & comfy but still strong, & as little as £30 s/h in OD colour.

Comment

Condor is ok but not quite as good as Warrior.
                The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

Good value and cheap are not always the same thing. I cannot comment on the condor plate carrier as I've never seen them. I can comment on warrior assault systems and it will last an airsofter forever and it is certainly comfortable enough.

All I'm really saying is sometimes if you buy cheap, you buy twice.

Trader feedback http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...411#post240411

Comment

The viper vests are actually really good (special ops one), but aren't liked by some of the geardo's and if you buy new they you will end up spending about £120 including the pouches so you might be better getting a warrior or similar. A good compromise might be a TMC, molle all over and includes some pouches to get you going for about £40, must admit I've never owned one but heard good things about the and looking at one myself as we speak, also depend so your budget, personally I would prefere a £40-50 vest and the extra £80 that I've saved to use for goodies for my AEG, however that is personal preference

Might also depend on your game style and how often you play as to what brand you might want to get, I play CQB and every 4-6 weeks so my vest will no doubt last a lot longer than someone who plays every week and spends half their time crawling through mud
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for all the pointers, guys. Much appreciated!

Originally posted by tackle View Post
                      Look for a warrior tmv vest, molle all over, very light & comfy but still strong, & as little as £30 s/h in OD colour.
                      Thanks for the tip. I hadn't seen that! If I could find one for £30 then I'd probably go for that at least for now, but I can only find them for about twice that. At that price point, I think I'd rather add a touch more and get a plate carrier.

Originally posted by Tack View Post
                      All I'm really saying is sometimes if you buy cheap, you buy twice.
                      I quite agree! I very deliberately said 'good value' rather than 'cheap'... but at the same time since I don't know what I'll end up liking I'd rather go as cheap as I can while still getting something decent.

So it sounds like a Warrior plate carrier is what I'm looking for (thanks for your thoughts, Rainbow6, but having looked more closely I noticed that the Viper doesn't actually have molle at the sides and isnt actually that cheap). I'll have a look at the different models. And then, most likely, will ask you good people for some more help!

Cheers again!

Tom

Comment

The viper does have molle at the sides, although you are correct in that the set up isn't cheap, my bad around the price of the TMC vest, I ment to put £50 in (or at least the one I'm looking at is that price)
                        sigpic

Comment

OP, Sending you a link to a certain auction site, pm me back if the george orwell/1984 software used on here blanks it out.
                          Mark

Comment

Some of Viper's kit is not to sneezed at, their tactical gloves and MOLLE chestrig/ak pouches have served me well for years and still look in great shape
                            Trader feedback: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8590

Comment

+1 for Warrior stuff. I've never been disappointed in any of their kit. You are getting top quality gear for very sensible prices (if you compare it to other high end gear manufacturers, which it equals).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              LowSpeedOperator on Youtube

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Fulliautomatix Find out more about Fulliautomatix
                              Working...
                              X