whats an ics MP5 like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats an ics MP5 like?

Thinking of getting a ICS MP5... have seen one on zero one new for £135 ish...

ive heard good things about ICS M4s... not much on there MP5's... any one had one???

Cheers
    FOR SALE
    7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
    , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Re: whats an ics MP5 like??

Had a go, Lovely gun, Hop up dials a bit dodgy though.

Overall, if you want an MP5, Get an ICS MP5.
    Originally posted by B.E.N.
    Originally posted by TheLazymarksman
    Tactical bed covers...
    Double or single?

Comment

pm skinny monkey... he has recently got one, he's part of my airsoft crew, and eventhough i wasn't at the last bust up, i heard many stories about it.

-Great ROF, even with 8.4 batt
      -nice and small for tactical assult and cqb
      -A4 version is full metal (not sure about the others, not an MP5 fan ma self:p)

but heard stories about range being a bit limited. :[
      but, messing with the hop and maybe replacing a few things might just get you a great mini assult weapon :D

but don't take my word for it, Pm that guy... if he doesn't see this thread...

Luke.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ElZer0 View Post
        Thinking of getting a ICS MP5... have seen one on zero one new for £135 ish...

ive heard good things about ICS M4s... not much on there MP5's... any one had one???

Cheers
        At that price you must be asking about the ICS budget line, you'd be better off spending a bit more and going for a Classic Army, they feel better and have the hop adjuster in the right place.
        HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

Re: whats an ics MP5 like?

cool!! cheers or the info!

was just having a look at what is available at the moment!!

:D
          FOR SALE
          7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
          , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

Top notch love mine

Comment

Got the 'proline' SD2. Great little gun which is ideal for CQB but also performs well in woodland. Very solid and the internals seem to be of good quality. The gearbox is a lot easier to get to than the TM design. The hop-up is easy to adjust, but can be knocked out of place when the gun is slung due to the hop lever's position. Great ROF with a large 8.4v (you can't fit a large 9.6v in the solid stock) and accuracy and range is good for such a short gun.

If you want a MP5, get one

Comment

The only real problem I've run into with them is the range and when I first got it, it cut dead after 2 skirmishes. The contacts under the fire selector switch had somehow been knocked out of place, but this was a pretty simple problem to solve.

The range can be improved (in my opinion), by using .25's and adjusting the hop dial a bit higher.

Oh, and I highly recommend getting a 9.6v battery to really make use of the internals.

Apart from the few problems I've mention (the contact thing being an unlucky one off I believe), I'd recommend them to anyone.

(p.s. the HK slap never gets old )
                sigpic

Comment

i have the sd5 version (silenced, retractable stock) and i find it an awsome gun it fires as sweetly now as when i originally got it and put about 10,000 rounds on a 9.6 battery which i strongly recommend using to boost the rof slightly and make trigger response better.
                  Down to the nitty gritty bits the retractable stock is rubbish wobbles a lot and doesn't extend out far enough (i have long arms) fixed with a JG one the ics mp5 hi caps did not feed that well however i only used them once as i use 12 star mid-caps in stead which feed flawlessly, overall great gun hope that helps

Linky here>> http://airsofttutorials.com

Comment

I've got the metal SD2 and it's great. The only gun I've ever had that hasn't needed something fixed on it.

Plus, it's a beast even on a smallish lipo.
                    sigpic

Comment

Got the SD3 myself, never needed to tamper with it, lovely and accurate albeit has a strange tendency to run hot occassionally (1J spring decided to chrono at 325 one week then 370 the next week)
                      sigpic

Comment

Had the A4 version. Lovely weight to it. As someone else said the hopup is abit rubbish. It has a tendency to come abit loose. Nice accuracy and ROF on an 8.4v
                        sigpic

Comment

Sd5 for me and yes it is a lovely weapon you can't go wrong with it.
                          Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

if i were you an you were getting an mp5, make sure you get an ics mp5 with the lower reciever type which is on the a4 and sd5 model. One of my mates has an sd3 and the lower reciever is abit different. The fire selector feels really flimsy and the gun just doesn't feel as solid.
                            sigpic

Comment

Yep A3 with the SEF Lower. Pull out stock looks good but is a bit naff and the hop does need some work. If you want a nice MP5 the ICS is a lovely gun but you should look at the Classic Army B&T before you spend any money.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ElZer0 I was born, stuff happend Find out more about ElZer0
                              Working...
                              X