Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krylon pens or equivilant

Morning all,

im after a krylon type pen to cover over a few little marks on my AEG, due to the size of the marks it needs to be a pen and not a spray can, I remember years ago people saying that Halfords did some good paint for spraying AEG's so unsure if their black pen would be similar, I can only see that they do a gloss or satin but neither seem right

obvious choice seems to be krylon but struggling to find a black one that I can get at a decent price factoring in postage

Would appreciate if anyone has any tips on what black pen is decent and works with the standard black colour receiver finish, cheers
    sigpic

Re: Krylon pens or equivilant

You might be better off with enamel model paints and a fine brush. Make sure you degrease the work area thoroughly, use thin coats, leaving for a few hours between. Small dings can actually be filled like this. Humbrol have a massive range of paints. Your best bet would be to take a less conspicuous part of the receiver along to a model shop and compare it to what's on offer. You'll never get a 100% match, but it will touch up scratches and dings nicely.

Pens flow thick and fast. You'll end up with paint on undamaged areas, and the inconsistency in the colour match will be far more obvious in my experience. When touching up cars, people forget to T-cut the application when it's dry and you see this kind of mismatch all the time.
    Last edited by RitchieTheBrit; 24 January, 2015, 12:28.

Comment

Cheers bud, much appreciated
      sigpic

Comment

'Army Issue' do spray cans at Boyes stores for only £2.50 and are ultra flat colour. I've used lots and there all good tho I do use the halyards tan as its a better colour.
        Best bet for your small areas is to spray an amount into the lid then use a modelling brush to paint on.
        Over 150 positive sales & trades on this and other forums!

Comment

I've found that ultra flat paints are by and large TOO matte to match factory paints. The Krylon black for example was a terrible match for a touch up on my girlfriends M4 fore sight (it was brand new, I dropped it, she went mad). I told her once she got through a few skirmishes it would get dinged and scratched anyway. At least she didn't want the pink one I guess ha!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Rainbow6 Find out more about Rainbow6
          Working...
          X