Radio pin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio pin

If someone can answer this question i will be forever grateful.

I bought a radio that has a single pin which is 10mm long but all throat mics seem to be 13mm long. Can you cut off and swap the pin or do i need a different Radio???

Re: Radio pin

What radio is it exactly?

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

+1 on this question

I've got a Cobra MicroTalk radio (1pin) and got a 2pin throat mic yesterday.

I saw some 2-1 adaptors in Maplins recently, but haven't had chance to check them against the my radio/throat mic yet.
      h e y d r i c h
      L T F S

tm ngrs scar l | tm ngrs ak102 | g&g arp556 | g&g arp9 | tm spas12 | we xdm | well mp7

Comment

It's a binatone terain 550. But the new mic jack is slightly longer than the original one.

Comment

aye just cut it off and swap the pin.
          back in the game after 12 months away!

Comment

Have you tried just plugging it in and seeing if it works? I've got a pair of cheapo radios I bought from Lidl that have a headset jack. I bought a 2-pin to 1-pin converter from Maplin and the jack was slightly too long, but the headset works fine when I plugged it in.

Comment

Originally posted by bobtuskins View Post
              Have you tried just plugging it in and seeing if it works? I've got a pair of cheapo radios I bought from Lidl that have a headset jack. I bought a 2-pin to 1-pin converter from Maplin and the jack was slightly too long, but the headset works fine when I plugged it in.
              out of curiosity, are those the ones that they did earlier on this year?, as i also got a set from there. how did you get on with the headsets for them?

Comment

Thanks alot people.

Comment

Originally posted by CertaCito View Post
                  out of curiosity, are those the ones that they did earlier on this year?, as i also got a set from there. how did you get on with the headsets for them?
                  Well, apparently just fine. I used an Alan/Midland Headset with boom mic along with one of those two-pin to one-pin converter jacks. The one pin jack is alittle longer than the one used on the headsets that cam with the radios, but it apparently sends and receives just fine. I've yet to put them under any more extensive tests, but they appear to communicate just fine with me and my friends' Midland G7s.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BadCompanyGinger My name is Ginger and i'm one a lucky few selected to be a part of Bad Company. Find out more about BadCompanyGinger
                  Working...
                  X