Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

TBB barrel length advice needed(Cyma AK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TBB barrel length advice needed(Cyma AK)

Evening ladies and gents.

I'd like to replace my stock cm.048 490mm 6.08 barrel with a TBB.

Which lengths would you go with and why? 455mm seems to be advertised as AK length but wouldn't a tad longer one benefit more?

Will be used in conjunction with a lonex ak hop up and lonex 50 soft rubber.

Thank you.

Re: TBB barrel length advice needed(Cyma AK)

Nope, a longer barrel in airsoft has the opposite effect to a longer barrel in real shooting. In a real rifle, the longer barrel means the round has more time to fully utilise the expansive gasses behind it so it gathers more muzzle velocity and energy, and its more stable in flight. Great! Thats why a 9mm pistol (Glock 17 for example) with a 4.49" barrel can shoot out to maybe 50m (on average) and an Accuracy International L115A3 with a 26.0" barrel firing .338 Lapua Magnum can hit targets at 2,500m.

In airsoft, its the opposite. The longer the barrel, the more time the BB has to rattle and bouncy off the inside of the barrel, thus affecting its stability and spin. A well tuned pistol in airsoft can hit targets at 50m, which is akin to a normal AEG. Both are limited (usually by the sites FPS rules) to the same velocity.

If anything, shorter barrels in airsoft are better. 455mm would be on the longer end of what Id personally want to use. Your issue is going to be where the inner barrel ends and where the end of the outer barrel/flashider is. Otherwise your round will exit the inner barrel, and then have to keep travelling through more of the gun before it can exit and be in free air.

To be honest, id simply advise cleaning your current barrel properly, upgrading your hop rubber, and upping the weight of the ammo you are using, and then try again. You might find there is no need to change the barrel at all
    sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

I tend to agree with Caldeymoose, having read (and learned from) his post above, but if you do swop, I believe 455 is generally considered to be the optimum length
      "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

As above, barrel length has little effect on accuracy. What is important, however, is the quality of the machining of the barrel. The smoother the bore (less tiny imperfections) the less the BB is disrupted as it travels through it. PDI and Prommy barrels work well because they are machined to a high standard.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

AtR Find out more about AtR
          Working...
          X