Loose front sight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loose front sight

Hi guys, I have a problem with my front sight wobbling from left to right.
    I have the pins in but they are very loose and fall out when I tip the gun to the side, and all they seem to be doing is stopping it from sliding back and forth.
    Even when I hold the pins in place with my hand the sight wobbles which makes it very difficult to aim.

can anyone help me out with a solution?

Also if anyone can tell me how to take off the front sling mount I would appreciate it.
    Thanks

Re: Loose front sight

You need to replace them with roll pins ,look at the sling swivel you can see a hollow tube tips pin holding it in place ,roll pins are slightly larger than the hole they go in and are sprung to be a very tight fit . measure the hole then go online and surf up roll pins ,probably 3mm hole so you need 3.2 or 3.4mm roll pins .

Comment

Originally posted by dadio View Post
      You need to replace them with roll pins ,look at the sling swivel you can see a hollow tube tips pin holding it in place ,roll pins are slightly larger than the hole they go in and are sprung to be a very tight fit . measure the hole then go online and surf up roll pins ,probably 3mm hole so you need 3.2 or 3.4mm roll pins .
      Great! Thanks for that Dadio

Comment

On some brands of front sight, there is a set screw under the sling swivel that needs tightening, as the roll pins alone are not enough to stop the sight from wobbling.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Frostlord Find out more about Frostlord
        Working...
        X