Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you wear/carry your Grenades?

Just a quickie...

I run with both impact and timed bfg's but always struggle to carry them in a safe/ practical way.

I've tried a couple of grenade pouches but they are often too big for the impact (It may have fallen out whilst running and killed me and a few team mates on more than one occasion)

So now I tend to just put them in a big utility pouch with my other bits and pieces, but it can be a right pain when it comes to getting to them in a hurry!

So, my question is, do any of you clever people have a certain way you carry yours? A particular pouch that works for you?

Pictures may help!

Re: How do you wear/carry your Grenades?

I carry my impact in a custom made kydex pouch for it, never had a problem when using that.

Just bought a timed and planning to put that in a smoke grenade pouch.

LBT do a range of 40mm pouches that are considered good for impacts, I may just happen to be selling a triple at the moment! I only have 1 impact and was planning on using the others for smokes etc but have changed my mind, perfect for an ohshiboom.
    sigpic

Comment

My TRMR hangs by a 10mm qd sling swivel on a T-bar through my belt rig, or hooked onto a carabiner
      Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Put mine in a 7.62 double mag pouch.
        Then the blanks and priming tool go in the first aid pouch, both on my vest.
        I have a double ended carabiner also on my vest where the pin gets hooked on once bfg has been thrown.
        sigpic
        "And this is why a two finger tap on the shoulder will suffice"

Comment

Trmr and oshiboom will soon be going in 40mm pouches.

Had a kydex mount for the ohshi boom, but not a fan, so will sell it soon
          FOR SALE
          7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
          , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

Bought a tag double frag pouch to find they don't fit .So I chopped them up a bit and find them really good now.

Comment

Like your style!

I like the mods to the pouches heroshark! Bet thats nice and secure!

Comment

Yes very secure and can deployed one handed.

Comment

Have an impact in a pouch next to admin pouch on rig with a timed bfg hanging next to it from a clip. The impact also has the pin tied to the rig so both can be deployed one handed. Have them on my LHS so I can advance on a position keeping their heads down and pop a grenade without giving them a chance to return fire :D Also brilliant for a final stand situation

Comment

I have a Viper grenade pouch...My S.W.A.T VTG fits in it with plenty of space. I have the pin on a key lanyard, so when I let go of the pin it just sits next to my grenade pouch with no chance of losing it. I also have the loading tool on a key lanyard to try and speed up reloading times. Whether this works or not depends on the situation, but I havn't lost any of my grenade kit yet.

Comment

I got the same sort of pouches as heroshark but my mod was to sew along the outer edge of the flap to give a good sturdy hold to the grenade cap.
                      Last edited by robthedodo; 12 February, 2015, 09:45.
                      Generic boring Sig that is duly ignored.

Comment

I have classic dynatec timed BFG's and I use warrior closed top mag pouches, the ones designed to hold 2 mags per pouch. The BFG's fit perfect height wise and the elasticated sides make the pouch fit around the grenade lovely. Obviously the flap is nice and secure too with Velcro so i'll never loose them. The only problem is ripping open the Velcro can mess up your sneakiness.

Comment

Slightly off topic, but what does everyone carry there blanks in?
                          209s?
                          FOR SALE
                          7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
                          , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

Most of the time just end up using the side pouch on my rig for blank storage as retention in the loops could be a bit better. Can be a bit restrictive having it on my forearm too. Would love to have a molle mountable section with plastic clips to hold the blanks

Comment

I use tactical tailor smoke grenade pouches for my SWAT delay vtgs and they are a secure fit. I did have them mounted on the front of my chest rig but now I've moved them under each arm so I can deploy left or right handed. I have a dynatec impact that fits in a tmc 40mm pouch nicely. I keep my blanks in a strip of elastic I've sewn in and dump it in an admin pouch with the reloading tool.
                              I cut a few cm square of Velcro, melt a wee hole in it and thread the grenade ring pull onto it. Then, when I've pulled the pin, I can slap it onto the nearest bit of Velcro on my kit so I don't lose it.
                              "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
                              George Carlin

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Wilkes 1875 Find out more about Wilkes 1875
                              Working...
                              X