Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

What belt to buy for a lightweight belt setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What belt to buy for a lightweight belt setup?

I\m looking for a belt to carry a dump pouch, a holster and a another pouch. Do i need a big MOLLE battle belt or are there other options? (i've heard the term riggers belt??)

Thanks

Re: What belt to buy for a lightweight belt setup?

For just a dump pouch, holster and other pouch* You probably don't need a full blown battle belt.

depending on the pouch/holster style, you could get away with just a decent trouser belt. especially if you are using something like a SERPA holster and are happy using it with the paddle fitting

More likely, something like a riggers belt, or a police/security style duty belt would be good choices.
    Riggers belts are intended to be worn in place of a trouser belt, and don't always play well outside of that, especially the standard models.
    Duty belts are worn over your trouser belt, so keep it slim, and are best used with a set of belt keepers otherwise they tend to bounce about.
    Personally I'd suggest something like a riggers belt with a cobra buckle, since unlike the standard ones, you don't need to re-adjust every time you take it off. downside is they are pricey.

*Does depend on the other pouch to some extent. A big general purpose pouch is very different to a single pistol mag pouch.
    Not actually a builder
    Not actually called Bob.

Comment

Have a look for intelligent armour. Can't link due to rules. Own two. Used one in service and still going strong post service. Awesome.

Comment

So what exactly is a riggers belt? can you recommend any cheaper brands to look at? will a basic belt support a holster with a full metal 226?

Comment

Originally posted by FearlessFred View Post
          So what exactly is a riggers belt?
          A proper riggers belt is a fairly heavy weight nylon webbing belt, usually with a metal buckle and a metal triangular fitting next to it.
          Like this

Idea is that you'd attach one end of a lanyard to the triangular fitting, and the other end would be attached to a hard point in the back of an aircraft, and it stopped you falling out, while allowing you some freedom of movement.
          However, because it's a nice thick webbing belt, it does support a pistol and similar quite nicely, and there are cheaper brands (for example viper make one as the "special ops belt") that look the same, but almost certainly won't be up to dangling a person off them.

will a basic belt support a holster with a full metal 226?
          Depends on the holster to some extent. A paddle style will spread the load fairly well, and you can use pretty much any belt, so long as it holds up your trousers.
          Most other styles of holster are probably going to require a reasonably stiff/supportive belt. otherwise the belt sags or rolls, and the pistol just flops about. But any riggers/duty/webbing belt should support it fine.
          Not actually a builder
          Not actually called Bob.

Comment

Ive used the blackhawk riggers belt for years, brilliant belt. I also use 5.11 brokos belt and a viking tactics inner belt with cobra buckle. Had to get the viking belt from the States though.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

FearlessFred Find out more about FearlessFred
            Working...
            X