Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending RIF to Portugal

Hi Guys,

Can anyone recommend a courier that will deliver a GBB Rifle and one magazine to an address in Portugal?

I might have sold a RIF to a player in Portgal, I have looked up their laws and know that I will have to check he is a registered player and that the RIF HAS to be spray painted Flueresent Yellow or Red. I have been reading about certain couriers that exclude gas magazines and RIF's altogether so I need some advice.

Thanks

Flang

Re: Sending RIF to Portugal

I personally would not recommend sending a RIF outside of Europe. Due to PayPal being an ass, you could end up out of pocket.

You send the RIF > couriers already hate RIF's > RIF gets stuck in customs > 30 days pass and seller raises a dispute > you prove you've sent it > Paypal states buyer hasn't received and it's a RIF so isn't covered anyway> you have to refund > Buyer gets gun after 30 days and also has his money back

Not worth the hassle for you
    The clown has no penis

Comment

Erm, Portugal is definitely in Europe!

As for the magazine, the only thing couriers object to is it being a gas container which could be pressurised, remove the valves from it and label it as 'not capable of holding pressure, no valves fitted' and it should get through fine.

Comment

No courier will take RIF's out the uk unless you lie what it is in the description. And if uk customs check it they will not let it leave. I learnt this a few weeks back.

Comment

Thanks guys, I spoke to Royal Mail and told them exctly what it is, they will send it express and fully insured (its quite a lot £££) for about £100.

Looks like my only option really. Thanks for the help

Comment

I was told at my local RM office its against PF and RM rules after the issue I had. Thing is customs are a law unto themselves which is the real problem. Funny really as I just had a 2nd hand rif through from Denmark completely unchecked via RM.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

FlangTal1ty I like guns and enjoy shooting people, all you need to know :-) Find out more about FlangTal1ty
            Working...
            X