Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CQB/Regular length AEG

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking at buying my second aeg soon to be used as my primary. I'll be playing a mix of GZ woodland/ cqb urban games at another site. I have previously played with a regular length m4 at woodland only and got on ok with it.

Is there a huge amount of difference in the effective range between a regular m4/ short m4? On the other hand is there any real benefit to having a shorter weapon in CQB? I know its probably better to be a bit more compact but is there a real difference?

I really like the shorter m4's but just don't want to find my length lacking (stop sniggering at the back) when I play at GZ or woodland sites or during longer range scraps around buildings.

Cheers,

matt
    CA M15A4 |

Re: CQB/Regular length AEG

The difference in barrel length between a 14.5" barrel on the M4A1 and the 10.5" barrel on the M4 CQB-R will be so close to zero you may as well call it zero. In fact, if anything, the CQB-R will have an advantage given it has a shorter barrel. In airsoft, the short the barrel (to a point) the better the accuracy and range will be. (This is the skimmed down version, theres a lot of factors aside from this).

The quality of the bore of the barrel matters more than anything if you have to pick a factor to focus on.

So, short answer, No. Going for a CQB-R length M4 will, if anything, suit you better than the full sized one.
    sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

hit the nail on the head! Thanks alot.
      CA M15A4 |

Comment

Originally posted by Caldymoose View Post
        The difference in barrel length between a 14.5" barrel on the M4A1 and the 10.5" barrel on the M4 CQB-R will be so close to zero you may as well call it zero. In fact, if anything, the CQB-R will have an advantage given it has a shorter barrel. In airsoft, the short the barrel (to a point) the better the accuracy and range will be. (This is the skimmed down version, theres a lot of factors aside from this).

The quality of the bore of the barrel matters more than anything if you have to pick a factor to focus on.

So, short answer, No. Going for a CQB-R length M4 will, if anything, suit you better than the full sized one.
        Pretty much this. Hop has a far bigger effect than barrel length when it comes to this sort of thing.
        And a shorter weapon makes it much easier to work it around corners, through doorways and so on.
        Not actually a builder
        Not actually called Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by bobthebuilder View Post
          And a shorter weapon makes it much easier to work it around corners, through doorways and so on.
          May just be me, but personally, I've never really had an issue with this... Been using 'full length' AR variants since I started (just never really liked the 'CQB' versions), and I'm not exactly small either. I find a heavy plate carrier far more awkward than a 'long' or 'standard' rifle.
          sigpic
          "I are God, lol."

Comment

Ive been looking into this as well, never actually owned and an M4 in the 2 years that ive played airsoft and am now looking at getting a PTS RM4 CQB but was umming and ahhing about the scout or the CQB version. The CQB looks much better to me but the only thing i was worried about was range and battery space. Found this helpful for my choice.

Comment

As long as your aware of your environemnt with any replica length of the forearm makes no difference, OK you will get looked at as though your strange by some players who espouse the short is best in close environments but that's their problem not yours.

In all reality the difference between a 10.5 and a 14.5 inch forearm is aesthetic, especially in this game.

On the subject of batteries unless your set on using the very old tech of NiCAD or early NiMh batteries you can (potentially) have a similar output from LiPo / LiFe batteries in a more compact area.
              Opinions are like ar**holes, everyone has one.

Usually found being very unimpressed by a lot of players, but gets a pleasant surprise when they actually have a clue on a game day.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SW_matt Find out more about SW_matt
              Working...
              X