Which sniper rifle should I get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which sniper rifle should I get?

depends what you do, i ended up dropping about £100 on parts for my old warrior 96. i spent countless hours slowly making everything sit perfectly, everything set perfectly. it is not easy to make them perfect.

removing the velocity reducer thing from it and fixing the leaky as fook system took it from ~320 to just over 500 on the stock spring... and improved consistency no end. Fettling for days is very much part of the rifle build.

i now have a VSR that is going the other way, IE, silent at 330fps. no MED, be a ninja rifle.
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

I too had a crummy warrior l96... yet you get other people say they are decent. I think their QC is variable. But I'd not go down the L96 route again simply because of all that unnecessary plastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Figjam View Post
        I too had a crummy warrior l96... yet you get other people say they are decent. I think their QC is variable. But I'd not go down the L96 route again simply because of all that unnecessary plastic.
        The main advantage of the well L96 is that it is APS2 compatible meaning there are a plethora of upgrade parts to choose from.

Comment

I've had a well/Warrior L96, had a HPA conversion kit in it, metal ASPUK hop arm and it was quite a nice performer. Even stock they are quite good, they just have the same issue with lifting heavier ammo, but a £14 metal hop arm can sort that.
          The clown has no penis

Comment

Originally posted by Hef legend View Post
            KJW M700's aren't bad starters [...] I have one which is HPA rigged and has a few upgrades, it performs well and has good range
            The problem is that the Tanaka system is more or less completely crap at long range unless it's remote-rigged, and remote rigs (HPA or CO2, it doesn't matter) are well over £150 once it's all together. GIM is just far, far too inconsistent for precision shooting. At £200ish the KJW M700 is an affordable base for a gas sniper rifle project, but it's still another £200+ to actually build it into something that's able to take advantage of the power advantage afforded to BASRs.

Comment

For a 200 pound budget you would be better off picking up a long barrelled G&g top tech m16 and putting a scope on it .
              You will get 60 /65 range out of the box and still have full auto capabilitys to use as an aeg .
              To buy a decent sniping weopon for 200 quid with better range is a non starter , to get a sniper rifle that has good range and consistancy / accuracy that exceeds 65 Mtrs you will need to build one ,
              By the time you have upgraded the internals to handle any extra power you will have sunk another 150 pounds on top of whatever you payed for your base gun ,

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jinqzyy Find out more about Jinqzyy
              Working...
              X