AEG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AEG

Im thinking of becoming a marksman with a AEG but i dont know what to go for. Im also on a tight budget. Im looking at the:

CYMA/AGM M14

A&K SR25

D-BOYS Marine SPR MK12 MOD 0

Any advice would be great help

Max
    Originally posted by Jez@Devoted
    Dude, more to life than ranking up in a forum!
    sigpic

Re: AEG

None of what you listed will be up to the job in stock form.

Comment

Indeed your better of going with an M4 variant (Like a JG or G&G)
      That way you can upgrade it up to the job quite cheaply as you want to

Comment

Try.

SG1 ( TMG3 ) upgrade over time - so happens i have one for sale haha

or SL9 ( converted G36)
        sigpic

Comment

You want a good, accurate gun? Save. Buy a Marui M14 SOCOM. You don't need to touch it, it'll up to the job stock and they are ROCK solid.

Comment

Sorry to be a wet-blanket, but someone has to say it. At the end of the day you are still throwing .2g 6mm pellets of plastic out of a non-riffled barrel using nothing but air. Add all of these characteristics up and you can see that you are not going to be the airsoft equivalent of Vassili Zaitsev (see: Enemy at the Gates [movie]). Try and have realistic expectations of what you can achieve with an Airsoft weapon.

I've heard good things about the M14 range from G&P, TM and G&G. The prices vary greatly across all three brands I believe, but I think they could be a very good DMR platform for someone wanting one. Either that or get an M16 and pimp out the internals, then throw on a huge barrel and DD MK18 RIS II free-float rail set and a scope and you have a Safe-Semi-Auto DMR too. Personally I'd go for the latter of the two :P

Comment

I wouldn't recommend making a DMR off of a Ver2 platform like an M4 or M16. M14's are meant to be best for a DMR role as they are meant to have very good hop units. I would think a CYMA M14 with a TM hop unit and rubber is your best bet on a tight budget.

Comment

i know there's a lot of cheapsoft bashing, and i too have now moved on to more mainstream guns such as ICS and G&P, but my JG M4 S-System with a 440mm 6.04mm barrel and one piece hop mod with element hop ruber and H-nub was as accurate as anything i have seen and with my old 6x Bushmaster scope i could shoot the smallest bit of a target sticking out from behind a tree from 30m+ easily.

you have to figure the only thing that affects the BB is the hop, the nubbin and the barrel, these are the only things that are in contact, all the rest is just cosmetics, fps or rates of fire.

If you have a Systema mech box or a JG mech box it's still only pushing air down behind the BB, it's the hop nad barrel that do the hard work.

I personally think it's more about setting a gun up and maintaining it properly, keeping it clean etc. etc. that gives the most impact. Also the BBs you use has a massive impact. then finally there's always the fact that some people just can't shoot for Sh%t no matter what you put in their hands.

Smiffy
                G&P SR-25 CA M14 WE 1911

If we have traded and i haven't left feedback feel free to remind me by PM.

Just 'cause i'm online doesn't mean i'm sat at my computer, i could actually be doing some work for a change.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

RXAM Bit of a military nut. I prefer mil-sim airsoft. Really into Namsoft and i have too much kit.... not guns just tactical cloths Find out more about RXAM
                Working...
                X