Guarder aluminium slide and frame for TM P226- 2010 version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guarder aluminium slide and frame for TM P226- 2010 version

Just wondering if anyone has any experience fitting these to the TM P226. I've heard they're quite a pain. And if anyone knows of someone who could do it for me then that would be great!

Re: Guarder aluminium slide and frame for TM P226- 2010 version

I've done it to mine. Glad I bought a Drexel kit just because a few days beforehand. Royal pain in the backside. If your budget will accommodate it, go Prime/PGC

Comment

I could probably scrape it together, I hear they're quite a pickle to find.

Comment

They are. Biggest problem is retailers who say they're in stock, you buy one, and a week later get an email saying that they don't have any.

I believe someone still had an entire pistol for sale. For the price it'd be worth just buying that then selling the parts

Comment

PGC kits are easy to find for sale, can be had for both P226R and P226 E2 donors in a variety of styles, and for about $220 are about the only genuine bargain in the high-end pistol world. For less than the price of a nasty cast SAI slide, you get a slide, outer barrel and frame all CNC'd from billet, and they are genuinely drop-in fit. To top it off, the integrated MSH of the PGC kit means you can easily fit RS grips, which with any other kit would require purchasing a RS MSH from SIG Sauer.

A Guarder kit will only be two-thirds of the price, but it'll also be cast, not billet-machined, and take hours or even days of fitting to work at all, let alone smoothly.

Comment

PGC sound like the best choice, but I can't find a silver one

Comment

I haven't seen a silver PGC kit in stock for a while; they always were rare. I was going to say there was a silver PGC Elite kit in the Classifieds last week, but it looks like it's sold now.

Comment

What they really need to do is make the P228 kit again. I would sell a testicle for one.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tomdrews Find out more about tomdrews
                Working...
                X