X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCT L4 CQB as a L119A1 base gun?

Anyone owned / is owning a LCT L4 CQB ?

Looking at a L119A1 AEg build and looking at different base guns

so far its a LCT L4 CQB, CYMA M4 CQB ,G&G AEG TR4 CQB-R with MOSFET or a Tokyo Marui Pro Line AEG M4 CQB-R

Thought /experience of any of above?

Re: LCT L4 CQB as a L119A1 base gun?

The LCT is by far the most solid of all the listed guns. It's build quality is up there with he best in airsoft. My friend owns the cyma and it's very good for the money. As for the others you can expect them to be decent. Can't really help you concerning converting to a L119A1.

Comment

Conversion wise, am squared away. It's just which base gun to use. Range/ reliability is what I'm after and past experiences

Comment

the CYMA aren't bad and can be had delivered for £70 in polymer body or £120 metal bodied
        The clown has no penis

Comment

Price wise am easy, was leaning towards the tm / pts recoil range. But if I can get a base gun that's internally peachy out of the box (g&g with mosfet) was starting to look a contender. Never had experience of the lct

Comment

If you go with a G&G you will need to change the body as they have really deeply engraved trades.
            The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

Cheers Al, was thinking body filler and sander. Trades aren't that important to me as have seen with and without dependant on year. TBH, the LCT is starting to look good, but I always hear about TM's and their pixie dust....

Comment

With and without? All real ones have, trades. T be honest I would start with a Cyma or JG with that has a blank metal body, or if you want to spend more go for a G&P with laser trades rather than engraved. If your not bothered about trades leave it blank but it gives you the option to add them later. If your going to the trouble and cosy of building one you really should finish to of properly with trades.

Comment

True, trades at a later date then or a G&P C8 empty shell. Am leaning towards the LCT more and more.

Comment

No not all real L119A1s have the correct Diemaco trademarks.. There are reference photos floating around of the rifles with blank receivers. So you'd be alright with a blank one too.

Comment

The wouldn't have black receivers, maybe sprayed or dirty but not blank. If it's blank I'd be thinking replica.

Comment

Ahh well, to get back on track. I have ordered the base gun, which is the LCT. Will post some pics up when I get it and add a small build log as bits come in. I already own a G&G tr4 type gun, so may make two, a CQB and the long barrelled version, parts dependant

Comment

Shame, I would have strongly advocated the TM Recoil Shock over the other typical AEGs. People have built really, really nice L119A1s out of Recoil Shocks before, and frankly Recoil Shocks are deeply superior in function to regular AEGs...

I imagine it'll be much more affordable to do it with the LCT, though, as you'll have much better compatibility with regular AEG parts. Recoil Shock builds need custom-lathed outer barrels and custom-engraved lower receivers; it's a real pain in the arse. Plus, the LCT should be a very high-quality gun, so not a bad choice at all.

Comment

Hello mate, TBH, price wasn't the mitigating factor, as you said, it was the pain in the arse stuff that swung it for me. Am looking forward to getting my hands on the LCT M4, I have owned a AKM from them and it was just to nice to take and play with and Im not into wall hanging

One day I will own a TM recoil shock M4...........

Just not today

Comment

Originally posted by shamus5178 View Post

One day I will own a TM recoil shock M4...........

Just not today
                              Actually, it is today

LCT M4 fell through, so decided to work on my G&G Top tech Carbine fro Zero one which I bought as a back up gun last month. Ordered some bits and some arrived, but after seeing Pure silvers post above, I quite fancied doing on of each. Anyway, bought a TM CQBR recoil, upgraded gears and spring and tweeked externally by me. Just waiting on the last of the bits to arrive to finish off, so these are a work in progress.

Before:

And so far....

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

shamus5178 Find out more about shamus5178
                              Working...
                              X