Gbbr help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gbbr help please

Hi there I'm looking to complete my British loadout, and need 2 primary guns. I need the guns to be well built, metal not plastic, reliable and easy to upgrade.

I have been looking at the We l85a2 as one but read it needs alot of aftermarket parts to get it to perform as it should from out the box new.

Any advice greatly appreciated

Re: Gbbr help please

WE one would be fun if you went GBBR but if it's electric or you're after reliability then steer clear. I'd say the ICS or G&G would be your best bet.

Comment

I don't know why everyone says that GBBR's are unreliable. If maintained properly then GBBR's can be reliable. The maintenance isn't difficult, just a clean and light lube after use. The WE L85 is pretty reliable overall if you stick with the stock parts. The only thing you need to do for long term reliability is add a couple of washers on to the guide rods for the bolt carrier to stop the buffer springs from biting in to the carrier metal. You may also need to fit an NPAS valve to make the fps adjustable, but that's fairly easy to do. One of the great things about GBBR's is they are much simpler to work on than the complex gearboxes in AEG's. If you do need to replace any parts there are plenty of aftermarket options and spare parts are readily available. One thing that you may break from time to time is the arm on the nozzle that pushes the bb into the hopup. A replacement is £19 and takes about 15 mins to fit.

A lot of GBBR problems occur when users start upgrading parts, say fitting an aluminium nozzle to replace the plastic one. The problem then is that the harder aluminium nozzle then smashes into the rear of the hopup and can slowly degrade the hopup. So if you do start upgrading you may find you need to upgrade everything as there is a knock on effect when adding heavier bolt carriers or harder nozzles etc. Keep it stock and it should be pretty reliable although it will wear over time.

I love using my GBBR's. The instant trigger response and recoil add to the realism. Using mags with only 30 rounds makes you pick your shots more carefully and has made me a better player. But in some games where you are up against a never ending wall of spray and prey bb's it can sometimes be a little frustrating.

The one area where GBBR's are somewhat weak is in cold weather where gas cool down can be a problem.

As well as the L85 another option would be to build a L119 from a CQB length M4. The WE M4 is a good starting point and not a million miles from a L119.

Comment

Ok thanks very much

Comment

I wasn't stating GBBR's are unreliable, simply that WE guns can be. One of his criteria was a reliable gun, and if that's the case, I was simply stating that WE can have some frustrating problems when it comes to reliability.

That being said, what ingenious says is true, gas guns are great fun to use and add an extra challenge when playing due to lack of rounds you can put down range compared to an aeg.

Crooks of it is, the WE will be a solid enough gun and one you'll enjoy using, but don't be surprised if you get small problems every now and again.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mcduff1979 Find out more about mcduff1979
          Working...
          X