JG Dragunov SVD or A&K Dragunov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JG Dragunov SVD or A&K Dragunov

So yeah, atm ive got the opportunity to get one of these 2 guns. Its my first sniper.

Basically just wanted to know which is best in the long run, which is most upgradeable, which is the best quality etc.

Also, ive been reading reveiws on the JG Dragunov, and it seems its sem or even fully automatic? Just wanted to check im looking at the right reveiws here lol, didnt expect a sniper to be full auto.

Cheers,
    Dave

Re: JG Dragunov SVD or A&K Dragunov

The JG isnt a propper Dragunov, more of a Dragunov/ AK hybrid. It is fully automatic, and as it uses a standard AK gearbox, it could be easily upgraded. Some people will buy a 600rd mag or a drum mag and use it as a support weapon. The A&K will have better power, accuracy and range (probably), so its really up to what your play style is: Silent Single-action sniper, or Fully auto DragunAK mercenary (or something like that)

Comment

iv used both the jg is just an arg with aeg range not very good and the a&K ONE IS EASILY upgraded like iv done lots to mine the range is brill more than a worroir l96

sorry im bad at spelling lol

Comment

JD SVD can be used as a sniper rifle/AEG and still not look bastardised by doing a little conversion work and turning it into a Tabuk Sniper rifle, google it.

the A&K is nice, but has a really annoying hop up unit.

Boris
        K98 sale ----> http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1216243

Comment

OK so what do you guys say? Right now, the guy selling the A&K has just stopped replying to my pms lol for a couple of days, but the guy selling the JG i mtalking to right now :P.

I mean could the JG be used as a support gun as well as a sniper? Also are there any conversion kits for the JG, and whats its range?
          Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 5 May, 2010, 10:07.

Comment

range is standard AEG ranges really, but can take TM parts, the JG SVD i had, years ago didn't have a full length inner barrel, that was the first thing i replaced.

most AK47 metal bodies will fit, which you'll need if you want a proper POSP scope. wood kits are available also.

i've seen JG SVD's used as starting point for RPKs also, its a great gun for playing with and turning into something else.

as i said above, a Tabuk iranian sniper rifle has always been a plan i've had for the JG, its perfect for it.

Comment

OK. So JG Dragunov is better to get than the A&K?

Comment

not necessarily, it depends on what you want.

if you want an SVD, then buy the A&K.

if you want an AEG, which can become different weapons with little work, support, assult, sniper, then the JG.

just remember, if you go the second option, the JG will by a bit of a "jack of all trades, master of none".

its up to you.

i have a picutre floating about i'll throw up of a JG i had years ago which became a bit of a custom jobby.

Boris

Comment

hmm ok. How hard would it be to make the JG an actual decent sniper? I mean im a right novice when it comes to upgrading. lol

Comment

Then considering your latter statement, I'd go with the A&K....

I'm getting an SR-25 (again) soon.... To make it decent, I'm replacing the motor with an Element Ultra Torque motor, getting a new spring, new max torque gears, a new reinforced piston, replacing the gearbox casing and then adding a mosfet to make her semi automatic only.
                    Then I'm also getting - in the next few days - an EDGI 6.01mm tightbore barrel, with a G&P Hop unit and a Prometheus Hard Hop rubber.

Regarding the A&K, all you'd need to do is replace the barrel, in my opinion, and I'd certainly opt for the PDI/ EDGI 6.01mm barrel. Fallout3021 (u/n on this forum) has one, and all he's done is replaced the 550mm barrel with a 650mm 6.03mm barrel, and believe me it does have some range.

Reason I say go for the EDGI? Because it's one of the best barrels you can get, and there's not many people that regret purchasing one. (Reason for regret = more cleaning of the barrel needed).

So it's up to you, as the MAN says, it depends on your style of play.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

well atm I own a classic army m4. In the past ive just really played an assault role, but Id rather hang back n play sniper sometimes. Is it easy to install a new barrel? Oh and how much are they?

Comment

i have the ank svd fitted a 6.03 in and works a treat altho its a cheap airsoft dog walkers place one
                        Originally posted by jonfox94
                        will it be possible for me to buy this if i 2 tone it upon delivery ? i will also pay any postage fees

Comment

Well, over the long run, if i bought an A&K Dragunov, installed a 6.03 barrel and got a wood conversion kit for it, could it be called a good sniper rifle? lol

Comment

Mate i think your missing the point that people have stated quite a few times now.

The JG is an AEG it was have normal AEG range, and takes normal AEG parts

The A&K is a single action rifle, as such can be upgraded quite easily to be on par with bar10's and other single action rifles.

Comment

Easily.

What you have to remember is that the A&K is a clone of the King Arms design. With a couple of bonus features. A - it can use normal AEG springs, and B - it can use normal AEG barrels. Now I'm not sure if my data is accurate, the KA could do this, but at a quarter of the price, you can't complain.
                              It can be a pig to cock though at the higher power levels, but I suppose its the same for any boltie.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Dave Hey, Im Dave, love airsofting, love the xbox, love food. Done Find out more about Dave
                              Working...
                              X