Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic Army M249 Box Mag Branding

Hi Guys

I got myself a Classic Army M249 MK2, the only question I have about it is are the box mags for it brand specific? So would I need a Classic Army box mag to go with it, or could I use a nicely priced A&K mag with it?

Cheers

Re: Classic Army M249 Box Mag Branding

The A&K M249 and box mag is a clone of the CA, however, I would go for neither tbh with you.

I had a CA M249 and both CA box mags that I had for it never fed from brand new - however, I may have been very unlucky.

I would suggest getting a MAG M249 box mag - not used one, however, lots of people rate them very highly
    But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
    I have spread my dreams under your feet;
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Comment

Out of interest, do the MAG boxmags have any sort of sound activation functionality like the A&K box mags?

I've got the A&K 249 with the A&K box mag. The wiring in mine was incredibly flaky and the bottom switch was knackered from new. However with a little bit of soldering, the mag has been fixed up and hard wired to sound activation only - since then it seems to chug along nicely without any issue. Based on this, I'd recommend the A&K mag, but only if you're prepared to do a tiny bit of soldering if the time comes.

Comment

No, i don't believe the MAG ones are, they are pressure pad activated
        But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
        I have spread my dreams under your feet;
        Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

JoeRAB Find out more about JoeRAB
        Working...
        X