Advice for a "New Guy"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice for a "New Guy"

Evening guys and gals, hoping you can all help me out a bit here.

I used to be an avid player a few years back but after a messy break up where my delightful ex decided to destroy/burn/decimate all of my kit I kind of just gave up and lost touch with the game.

So basically I'm here to ask you all on where abouts should I start on the RIF scene these days, I know G&P & TM used to be good back then but whenever I look around now there's a plethora of new brands out there that look really sweet but don't know whether I should touch. I've got about £300-£400 to play with but this does need to cover charger and battery as well, one hi-cap should be enough for a while hopefully.

Many thanks all

Re: Advice for a "New Guy"

For that budget I'd say check out the KWA ERG rifles, good quality AEG's with recoil and cut off after last round
    The clown has no penis

Comment

Im a new guy to all this just shooting at targets but wanna get involved proper... any chance of anyone giving airaoft stuff away unwanted stuff ill be willing pay for postage costs or even buy stuff .. been online and im interested in getting a sniper ..

Comment

Kalex - first off, welcome back to the sport/hobby. As you have a reasonable amount to spend and if you like M4's the above mentioned ERG would be a great place to start. It is basically an next Gen AEG incase you don't know it has a mechanical recoil system ( i.e. a spring and weight ) in the stock pipe. It also has three other new features, magazine related. They are switchable between 30 or 60 rounds capacity, they feed every bb ( no more dropping two or three on the floor when you remove the mag ) and best of all they stop firing when empty. Another good thing is they come in pack of three for about £40. You may struggle to find a new one but should be able to get a good one secondhand, try looking on the KWA/PTS ERG Owners Page on Facebook to learn more or possibly buy one.

Connor - it's not very polite to hijack a thread, better to start your own. Also asking for free stuff isn't likely to get much help either, bye all means ask for help but try not to take the piss. How old are you what are your circumstances, if you want help it's generally a good idea to explain why and or too earn it.
        The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

OP - at the top end of your budget, you might be able to find a used TM Recoil Series gun. I think it'd be fair to say they can be regarded as some of the best AEGs around atm.
          And you've got a good choice of models: M4s, 416/7, SCAR L/H, AK & G36.

You won't need another gun (until your 2nd recoil!)
          h e y d r i c h
          L T F S

tm ngrs scar l | tm ngrs ak102 | g&g arp556 | g&g arp9 | tm spas12 | we xdm | well mp7

Comment

I meant like game rule packs and role packs that I can read .. iv ordered a cyma zm51 and a scope now anyway just gunna purchase some camo and ill be ready .. I didnt mean free stuff like weapons I meant stuff to help me learn the rules of the game

Comment

Game rule packs? Role packs? Most sites have the same rules and they will brief you on the day before hand. If by role packs you mean, medic support etc. then they only really do that for milsim which again would be briefed on the day.
              If your looking for some general etiquette then google can help you, we also have the tw@ts on the field topic.

also you may need to check what the rules are for rifles at the site your planning to go to, some have minimum engagement distances, no use indoors etc.
              For Sale
              Madbull Landmine / Black Hellstorm Gloves / DPM South African Assault Vest

Comment

Thanks just seen on YouTube people getting like field guides with there guns and hoped someone bad kept one and I could have a read of it .. nevermind hahaha .. thanks anyway sorry for stupid questions just wanna grt into it

Comment

Following on from what Vex said....
                  There's no such thing as The Rules of Airsoft - during a normal game day, you'll get a safety briefing and game briefing. The latter will outline the objectives, etc. Games tend to be simple enough and the only 'rules' as such are around hit taking, blind firing, game parametres and regen/medic rules.
                  Basically, shoot the opposing force (opfor) and if you're hit, shout "hit" and put your hand up - not much more to it!

A good thing about airsoft is, you can be there on your very first game, get plenty of action and kills, just as much as the seasoned veterans. Many a time I've seen young 'uns with trainers and a hoody on, outplaying the Geardo types.

Don't overthink it pal, just get stuck in and enjoy it!
                  h e y d r i c h
                  L T F S

tm ngrs scar l | tm ngrs ak102 | g&g arp556 | g&g arp9 | tm spas12 | we xdm | well mp7

Comment

Thanks mate that was a massive help .. cheers heydrich

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Kalex Find out more about Kalex
                    Working...
                    X