Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Advice on the Ares L85A2 and weather i should get one or not.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on the Ares L85A2 and weather i should get one or not.

Last year i got a G&G L85A2 gen 2 looked great but performed utter sh!te, the Magazine release pin fell out , it wouldn't stop locking up on semi auto, had a loose hopup and occasionally double fed so i sold it.
    But i miss my L85 as they're one of the most comfortable and cool looking guns out there, So i've been eyeing up and planning to get a new Ares L85 and i need feed back from Ares owner to help me make up my mind and commit to buying it.
    Plus i want to know how realistic it is to the real thing and other L85 AEGs.

Re: Advice on the Ares L85A2 and weather i should get one or not.

I think the recommended SA80s are the ICS and G&G models. I can't see why you would anything made by ARES if ICS made the same model, to be honest.

Comment

Well I'm a pre split STAR owner, polymer gearbox et al.

As with ALL AEG's there is the potential for lock up on Repetition (single) fire, and unless the models have been changed are awkward to take down and work on (plenty of screws and fixing points), Parts support can be a little thin on the ground, and sporadic.

ICS and G&G are more popular due to retailer and parts,.the rest is the usual am bestest IMO
      Opinions are like ar**holes, everyone has one.

Usually found being very unimpressed by a lot of players, but gets a pleasant surprise when they actually have a clue on a game day.

Comment

I've already owned a G&G and don't want to risk getting another.
        The choice i'm facing right now is ARES vs ICS, lots of info on the ICS but little on the ARES.
        So i want to know the following info on the ARES...
        • How does it preform?
        • How reliable is it?
        • How solid and well built is it?
        • How realistic is it?
        • How long is its life span?

Comment

I got one a few months ago , it's pretty well made and has a good weight too it , seems reliable enough so far !

Comment

I have had a full size A2 by ARES and still own the AFV version.
            Both have been incredibly reliable,
            Solid construction outside and inside along with the quick spring change facility...
            Brilliant.
            Battery space on the A2 is great in the standard hand guard and you can fit blade batteries in the DD rails too,
            The AFV is a bit more awkward on battery fittment due to its mini size but a good poscetfull of 850mAh 7.4's does me fine.
            I couldn't be happier with mine and could only commiserate with to team mates who had ICS L85A2 and L86 LSW 's respectively and had nothing but grief...
            They do, however, work beautifully with the wolverine SMP HPA system (ICS)

Take your pick with what you want...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Setanta Read the Tain and the Ulster cycle. Find out more about Setanta
            Working...
            X