Tm p226 and metal body kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tm p226 and metal body kit

Hi getting a P226 E2 from TM but interested in the metal body kits available for it mostly the PGC/Pro Win version anyone else got this kit? whats it like?

Also does the metal kits have any bad effects on the pistol and does anyone know of a good tech in the UK to fit the kit if I got one?

Cheers

Re: Tm p226 and metal body kit

PGC/ProWin P226 kits are excellent and shouldn't really require any fitting at all; they're CNC-milled from billet, so the tolerances are already very good. To my mind nobody makes a better P226 kit, especially not for the price - at about $220 for a slide, barrel and frame, they're about the only genuine bargain of the high-end pistol world.

The gun will slow down somewhat and be slightly less efficient owing to the heavier (not much heavier, but heavier) slide's greater inertia. A stronger recoil spring (120% is fine) should speed it up a bit. If you want to shoot the pistol year round and not suffer any performance problems, get a second plastic slide assembly and keep that for winter. Alternatively, appropriate reinforcements and KJW's CO2 magazines will make it very snappy.

There are a few techs around that fit MBKs. Mike Cripps is the preeminent UK pistol builder, but I don't know if he works on anything except 1911s these days.

Comment

Re: Tm p226 and metal body kit

Whats the KJW P226 like compared to a TM with a MBK?
      Last edited by blair; 1 May, 2015, 22:04.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

blair Find out more about blair
      Working...
      X