AEG Pistol grip removal help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AEG Pistol grip removal help

Hi, Im trying to remove my pistol grip from my M4 but I'm having some issues with loosening the screws that hold the pistol grip to the bottom receiver.
    I've tried 3 different screwdrivers to loosen them but they are on too tight and the tops of them are becoming stripped.
    Anyone else run into this problem? Any help would be appreciated

Re: AEG Pistol grip removal help

Its gunna sounds stupid but... are you turning them the right way? because some screw on your weapon will need to be turned what seams the opposing way. On the subject of the stripped screws.. If there that bad get the smallest drill bit you can and drill a shallow hole right in the middle off the cross and that should give you some extra grip.

Comment

Originally posted by Jinx.. Stands For Jinx View Post
      Its gunna sounds stupid but... are you turning them the right way? because some screw on your weapon will need to be turned what seams the opposing way. On the subject of the stripped screws.. If there that bad get the smallest drill bit you can and drill a shallow hole right in the middle off the cross and that should give you some extra grip.
      I think i've been turning them the correct way, its righty tighty lefty loosey isnt it? lol
      The screws aren't stripped yet but I worried that If i kept forcing them I would wear them down.
      I'll give it a shot turning them the opposite way and hopefully that does the trick.
      Thanks for the help mate

Comment

I've never encountered pistol grip screws that are anticlockwise thread. Some can be stubborn though, so try to get the best fitting screwdriver in there that you can, and try from there.

Comment

Yeah sorry I wasn't really thinking correctly. What I was thinking about was screws on the side on a weapon. one side it will be lefty loosy ect but if you flip it over it will be lefty tighty. If that makes sense. sorry about that.

If you're still having trouble I would recommend: Placing a Rubber Band between the screw and driver. (And as some last resorts): Some screw drivers have a bolt head on the end so you can turn the screwdriver using a spanner to get you much more torque while turning. If this doesn't work try using this method together with a screw extractor.
          If you are planning on replacing the grip you could cut it down so you have a better view of what you're doing.
          And lastly, if you have a metal lower you could just drill the screw out. (But only as a last resort, would not recommend as this may damage the thread.) I hope this helps.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Frostlord Find out more about Frostlord
          Working...
          X