Assault vest to go with a ghillie hoodie and DMR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assault vest to go with a ghillie hoodie and DMR

I want to MAKE (DIY) a molle assault vest. Attachments are fine, just I wear a ghillie that is made out of a hoodie. I will cut the bottom so that it just lies over the top of the carrier (like a flap). What should I make the vest like? Should it just be an old shirt with attachment point or a complete vest with molle. The real question is where should my gear be focussed. I want to have the ghillie attach to the vest so it does not snag and flap around, though then I can't have gear on the sides. I will be lying down so a chunk pistol (G18) will be uncomfortable on my chest (Or will it?).

I need to hold at least 4 mags, a pistol holster, pistol mags and Hpa tank with a gillie covering the back, slightly the top and sides.
    How do I arrange it?

(My ghillie is like a viper hood)
    Sorry for waffling but I am rushing
    Thanks

Re: Assault vest to go with a ghillie hoodie and DMR

You may well be better off with a chest rig as opposed to a full-on assault vest.

I'd personally recommend the Condor Ronin chest rig.
    sigpic
    "I are God, lol."

Comment

Hi, sorry i'm late to the party but I have just joined the forum.

I currently run my M4 as a kind of DMR platform and regularly game use a leafy poncho to assist with camouflage. If your unaware, the leafy material is kind of a 21st century version of ghillie suits. Both have their advantages, I just prefer the leafy because its light weight, doesn't snag as bad as a ghillie and is incredibly effective.

I tried an assault vest and it didn't really suit working prone and crawling. The magazine pouches were front left and proved incredibly uncomfortable when I was prone. Mag changes were really difficult, with getting them out being a real pain.

The only benefit was having my pistol holstered horizontal above my left brest. It gave quick and easy access if I needed to transition to my back up.

I now run a belt rig. Its basically a non molle belt. I went with non molle to allow the attachments to be moved around. I have a triple double M4 mag pouch, pistol holster and a snugpak resonse pack attached. The mags sit on my left hip but can be pushed behind the hip if I go prone. The pistol is the same on the right hip. The snugpak live in the small of my back but again can be moved around to ease access.

My leafy poncho lives in a poch that clips onto the snugpak and can be pulled out and deployed quickly.

Granted, drawing my sidearm means quite a bit of movement, but its not that bad.

I have also put a single mag pouch on the stock of my M4 to make it easier to get it, but with an 80 round mid cap and firing single shots, its not often I need to change mags.

I find this loadout allows me to do DMR or general assault depending on what my mood is with no changing.

Hope that helps.

Comicbook Hero

Comment

As above, I also ran a belt rig.

Molle, front clear for lying prone. I also had a cheek pad on the VSR buttstock which held a spare VSR mag.

The belt had a double pistol mag pouch for VSR mags, 4 pistol mag pouches for pistol mags, radio pouch, utility pouch and a double PLCE ammo pouch which I used one for as a pistol holster to keep crap from getting in my sidearm

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Digital Find out more about Digital
        Working...
        X