Tri an/prc-152

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tri an/prc-152

Hey guys. Just received one of these. Absolutely lovely bit of kit to hold, however this is all I can do at the minute. Although I have the instruction manual, it's confusing the balls out of me.!

Basically, our site run VHF radios on The frequency 136-174

The radios have 10 channels so we will have one for the squad we are in, then another if we need to speak to game control or the marshals. So two channels would be used each game. So I want to be able to programme the radio so I can have these two channels saved and easily accessed.

If anyone is able to help me with this I would be greatly appreciative. Good old Ben has offered some insight into it, but he has not actually done what I want himself, but does believe it can be done.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Re: Tri an/prc-152

http://translate.google.co.uk/transl...ri&prev=search
    The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

Radio inside is a BAOJIE BL-UV88 ( http://www.radiomart.biz/downloads/b...9;s_manual.pdf ). Good choice to get a single radio build covering frequencies for different markets. However I would have chosen a radio version that included a Scrambler facility- it's more of a 'military' capability for a military style radio.

Also have a look on this thread, probably more hlepful
      http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...Super-Gucci%29
      Assumption is the mother of F*&% Ups!

Comment

Cheers guys. Still not quite got it working. What values will I need from the site radios. Anything other than the frequency of 136-174.995mhz

“A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

Tri an/prc-152

Depending on how much you want to break the law lol
          Its watts, PMR446 (UK lisense free) crap is 1 watt max..but these radios go up to 5w. So it now your choice what you want to do.

Guessing from your above post, You dont live in the UK?
          UK free is 446MHz and Lisensed radios are 449Mhz

Police/Ems use Tetra Airwaves, i think the Fire are switching over but need to check my sources. Also some elements of the Military use them too..

Comment

I live in the UK. And my site pays for a license mate. We use VHF 136-174

Comment

Hmmm VHF..dunno on that mate..

Comment

Dunno on what dude?

Comment

Whats the legals on VHF. ive mostly dealt with UHF. only time i used VHF was when i was in Canada..

Comment

It's completely legal. It has to be with all the members being on the same frequency. Not worth the risk as it's not that expensive. Its a business radio license.

Comment

Ye we have a business class license for our Icoms that we use at work..

Comment

I don't have anything to do with the licensing. But it was one of the first things put in place when the site opened.

Comment

Hi dannyeprice.
                          Please let me know if you are struggling with the set up. I had the same issue and can help if needs be
                          FOR SALE:
                          TRI AN/PRC 152 Radio package

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1451643

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

dannyeprice23 a happy go lucky pain in the arse, i am the one who constantly has accidents..to others amusement! Find out more about dannyeprice23
                          Working...
                          X