Decisions, decisions....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decisions, decisions....

So I'm a returning airsofter after quite a few years. Don't get much chance to go to many sites as travel for work but I live in Leicester, I'm in need of a little advice regarding a new AEG purchase which will be mainly for CQB.

I cannot decide between WE Katana raptor, krytac trident crb or an ASG scorpion Evo.

What's everyone's opinions on the three? I can't decide! Also does anyone have any experience purchasing RIF with a sportsmans association membership?

Thanks!

Nick

Re: Decisions, decisions....

well the evo is light, compact, fast, reliable and accurate, downside is the battery is a bit of a pain in the arse to fit,and i cut the right sided selector switch in half because i kept on knocking it with my trigger finger,but apart from that i really like it
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Re: Decisions, decisions....

without wanting to start the inevitable 'UKARA' debate again, does a sportsmans association membership even count as a defence against the VCRA?

Anyways, the rifles

WE Katana. I never personally understood the point of them that much. They go for the PTW style split gearbox/cylinder arrangement, but use a standard V2 gears, so they are more akin to the ICS rifles. Quick change spring system sounds great and all but the number of times you realistically need to change the FPS is, well, almost none. If you're dead set on the M4, theres much better options out there than the Katana.

Cryptic are supposed to be nice, they have more market share and grounding in the USA but are starting to trickle over here. There is nothing special about them though, built in mosfet which is about it, but otherwise, its another M4, with another V2 gearbox....

Scorpion is likely the most 'tuned' rifle out the box, what with their pretty nifty mosfet which actually monitors the gearbox as opposed to just protecting the trigger contacts. Personally, don't like them, too small, too unique for my liking but each to their own. They are light and compact which can suit some people and CQB sites. But, less aftermarket parts available and magazines are less common too.
      sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Nickos225 Find out more about Nickos225
      Working...
      X