Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disposing of an RIF in the UK

Hi guys

Weird question for you, but hopefully an easy answer.

I bought a gas sniper rifle to break down for bits, namely the stock, and am now left wtih the guts of the rifle (barrel, action, bolt). I no longer need these bits, nor do I have any future plans to use them, so I wish to dispose of them.

However, I am also a firearms holder, so the last thing I want is a barrel and action sticking out of my wheely bin when the bin men come! What do you guys do when needing to dispose of an RIF? Shall I just hacksaw it into bits and dispose that way, or am I better off taking it to a shop and letting them deal with it?

Massive thanks in advance for your help!

Re: Disposing of an RIF in the UK

Sell them here or just ask someone who wants them to cover the postage cost.

Lots of people need parts so you should shift them.

What rifle and make are they from?
    Over 150 positive sales & trades on this and other forums!

Comment

As above, sell them. If you really don't want them, sell them for the cost of the postage, and some lucky person will get an absolute bargain. People in airsoft ALWAYS need spares. Either for repairs, projects, or just to see if they can build a frankengun.

Id personally rather help somebody else out with the parts rather than bin them
      sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

I agree, even if the stuff your getting rid of was real steel, with absolutely no Airsoft connection, somebody would consider chopping them about for an Airsoft project.

Comment

Agreed with the above, chuck the bits up for sale, someone will probably want them.

If they don't sell, break them down into as small parts as possible, and dispose of them separately over a period of time.
          Current Arsenal:
          G&P LMT Tactical Rifle
          ASG CZ Scorpion EVO 3A1
          TM 1911 MEU(SOC)

scoutthedoggie approved commenter!

Comment

Brilliant, cheers for the advice guys.

I'll get some pics and pop up a sales thread. It's only the guts of the rifle, no stock, but hopefully it'll be of use to someone!

Comment

Take em to the tip. No one will be looking for gun parts in the masses of rubbish. (RiF should I say) Should be able to sell them though.

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Flashhearte Find out more about Flashhearte
              Working...
              X