Painting two tone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting two tone

Slightly different from normal here, i am selling a rif and need to paint it two tone for a non registered buyer.

Anyone got any advice on prep, paint, technique as this is something i have never undertaken before.

many thanks

Re: Painting two tone

Personally I'd wait till someone who had a defence wanted to buy it so that I wouldn't be wasting my time and money ruining a gun, but that's just me
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

as much id agree with the statement in principle if the person hands over the cash and waits for me to paint it, its his gun and can do what he wants. Just legally i need it to be green and dont know if there a standard to paint to, or certain type of paint ect.

Comment

Most people use krylon, or similar paint from Halfords, you can do an uber professional job by wiping the surface down with degreaser and spraying with an acrylic/ plastics primer, one or two coats then apply your desired top colour 2-3 coats, and even finish with a matt clear lacquer if you want
        Last edited by sparrowhawk; 22 May, 2015, 11:50.
        VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
        trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

ah right so a halfords bright green would be sufficient then. excellent thank you

Comment

primer followed up with a bright colour (red or blue usually goes down best)
            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

scuba-phil Find out more about scuba-phil
            Working...
            X