Basic NiMh Charger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic NiMh Charger?

I'm looking to get back into airsofting but I seem to have lost my charger.

I remember waiting quite a long time for them to charge last time, I don't want to risk doing any "fast charging", and they probably aren't capable anyway.

Can someone suggest a basic charger for these please, preferably something that stops charging when full and doesn't need manually setting.

I realise the two 1300's are quite old now (~5yrs) so it might be worth dumping them altogether and getting another 1600+ instead?

I'm assuming they're all 8.4V and mini connection.

But i'm open to suggestion etc if these batteries are completely outdated and we're into 3000+ NiMh etc. Similarly, if someone has a spare charger for sale that's compatible drop me a line.

Cheers guys, any help much appreciated.

unnamed.jpg
    Last edited by Fizzy; 24 May, 2015, 21:34.

Re: Basic NiMh Charger?

Your batteries will be fine as long as they still hold their charge. If the 1300mAh ones do not, get another 1600mAh.

Withe regard to chargers, we can only recommend those that are sold by Zero One, of which this one seems to meet your needs: http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=7219. However, there are others available.

Comment

Re: Basic NiMh Charger?

You might want to do what a lot of people seem to be doing these days and go to Lipos, as an alternative to replacing your whole NiMh setup. It's something I have been meaning to do myself, but my mind still lives in the early days of Lipos when everyone was claiming they exploded at the drop of the hat.

In regards to your batteries, that top one is identical to a pair I have, and they still work, being at least five years old. I have a big old large battery which I think is nearly a decade old, still works, so age alone won't kill them. Fast charging will shorten the life span, but as far as I know isn't completely terrible for them. Best bet, if you've the time to charge them slowly, do so. Or at least that is what I was taught, and it's served me well.

I have a Minwa Electronics MW3168VD charger that I've used for all my NiMh and NiCd. Dirt cheap and does exactly what you want, if you decide to replace your charger. Hope this helps.
      G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
      RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

phunst Find out more about phunst
      Working...
      X