• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: best sight on a budget.

Iron sight is best sight on a budget

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Comment

G&G Aimpoint T1- use it for all my AEG's and never had problem. Completely flawless and easy to find reticle and zero

Comment

What's the t1 like on a really sunny day? I have an aimpoint m2 and I couldn't see the red dot at all outside in the sun.

Comment

Acog? Bit more of a scope with some magnification but not a full on 'scope'

Comment

Originally posted by Mango View Post
            Acog? Bit more of a scope with some magnification but not a full on 'scope'
            I had a Chinese 3x, terrible eye relief. I've got a 3-9x42, great for spotting, but I rarely (if ever) sight a target at more than x3.

Comment

isn't a 3-9x42 scope to much magnification for airsoft? Meaning will you get the range?

Comment

I use x3 for shooting, but higher mag is useful for spotting and surveying.

Comment

a magnified scope with a 3-9 zoom capability will almost inevitably mean you start looking for targets well outside of your effective range. In fairness, you can do this with iron sights and red dots as well, its just harder to do. As soon as you start adding magnification, even on a basic 4 x ACOG or Spectre DR, you start looking for people at longer range, and just because you can see them, doesn't mean you can hit them. At 9x power, you may as well not even try.

Magnified scopes in airsoft can be great, especially for larger fields or sites where being able to spot people from range is a benefit, or if you want to survey an area before you attack it or whatever, but if you need to use a 9x magnified scope to even see the target, there is zero chance a small plastic ball is going to be able to hit them.
                  sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

Originally posted by Caldymoose View Post

Magnified scopes in airsoft can be great, especially for larger fields or sites where being able to spot people from range is a benefit, or if you want to survey an area before you attack it or whatever
                    Exactly. NTAC has areas with quite a long viewing distance, and combined with good radio drills, you can direct your team mates while staying out of range. It's bloody satisfying when it works.

Edit: forgot to add, it also looks mean

(ignore the pink tool box, that's the other halfs jewellery-making stuff!)

Comment

Originally posted by ROBERT--1993 View Post
                      What's the t1 like on a really sunny day? I have an aimpoint m2 and I couldn't see the red dot at all outside in the sun.

I use a protective cap- cost me about £3 and it has a film on it that makes it easier to see the dot in my opinion.

Comment

Use a reflex sight. No magnification, really easy aquisition and you can shoot both eye open to maintain peripheral vision, you can shoot it from as far back or forward as you need to. Lightweight too, so keeps the rifle quick.

I had an aimpoint before hand but when I made the swap (Fizz do you remember that cracked walther one you sold me for £2.50?) and i've been using them ever since. Riser block or a higher mount if you want it to be even easier to get into sighting.

Best part is they're cheap as chips,, adjustable and with a varying amount of recticles/ brightness/ colours.

Don't look as cool perhaps but they're probably one of the most functional ones out there.

That or a T1, they're similar in some ways.
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napolean

Comment

Reflex sights are the best all-rounders by far. I use an Aimpoint clone red dot on my CQB stubby, it's great. Bright, clear recticle, and it co-witnesses nicely with my flip up iron sights if I want to use them.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ROBERT--1993 Find out more about ROBERT--1993
                          Working...
                          X