Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Opinions on M4 AEG Cyma,ICS,Jing Gong and G&G.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on M4 AEG Cyma,ICS,Jing Gong and G&G.

Hi all.

Sorry to ask again but as I gas rifles will be out of my budget for sure I will stick to the AEG m4 for now.

But Iam really stuck on what one to get for max of £230 including battery + charger.

G&G seem good all round but I am looking at the Mod 0 30 year edition with metal body.

Ics have good reviews but not sure about the split gear box and spare parts.

Cyma have good reviews on the AKs but not sure how good the m4s are?

Jing Gong seem to have good internals and ok externals from the reviews.

Also are most m4 AEG magazines compatible with each other?
    My problem them is they all pretty much the same price so makes very hard to see a clear winner lol.

Any help would be appreciated thank you.

Re: Opinions on M4 AEG Cyma,ICS,Jing Gong and G&G.

On your last point about mag compatibility and g&g the answer is no. Having had 2 g&g m4's recently the only mags that will fit and/or feed properly are g&g mags, even then I had trouble with g&g metal mid caps in one of the 2 m4's. I spent well over £100 trying to find mags that would, fortunately I could send most of the back so only the postage was wasted. Aside from g&g mags I did find cheap'o plastic MAG magazines fitted. I would never ever own a g&g again as long as I live.

A friend of mine has had an ICS m4 for 7 years now. Anyway that gun will never set the world alight, it's nothing special but my god is it a work horse. Solid and reliable garunteed to work all the time. This guy abuses guns too, doesn't look after them, never cleans them and has no mechanical sympathy. Anything that can survive him for more than a year is unusual never mind 7 years. Having changed the hop rubber for him a couple of times the split gearbox system is ace, might not be so good for the upgrade crowd but excellent for simpletons like me.

There's so much out there these days for a £230 budget, Google and YouTube reviews is your best bet. I've had a lot of guns, including a marui high cycle and marui recoil both of which are top end guns I've also currently got a VFC PDW which again is considered an excellent piece of kit. However I took a punt on an amoeba honey badger a while ago and honestly for £240 it's incredible, yeh the body is plastic and ares have a bad rep but performance wise and fun wise it's as good as the premium guns I've owned.

Comment

you may want to check out E&C, i think they make G&P clones... but were super cheap in hk, and from the 1 review i watched, pretty awesome too.

Comment

As mafu10 has said, G&G M4s really do not like other magazines; however, G&G M4 magazines will fit and feed happily in quite a wide range of other makes of guns, including ICS. However, I do not see it as a problem as G&G make every type of mag that is needed for the 4 (soon to be 5) G&G guns, plus 2 (soon to be 3) others that my boys and I own that take M4 mags. For me, one of the great things about G&G M4s is that I find it easy to get parts.

We have a number of ICS M4s as hire weapons at the site where I marshal; the split gear boxes do make working on them very straightforward and, given their age and the abuse that they receive, they seem to have been pretty reliable. However, spares do seem harder to track down than for G&G.

JG make great G36s; their G36c is a standard hire weapon at airsoft sites across the UK. However, I have never been happy with either the internals or the externals of their M4s.

If your £230 includes the cost a charger and batteries, assuming that you go for a simple smart charger and 2 9.6v 1600mAh batteries, that brings the amount that you have available for the gun down to about £190. With that much to spend, the Mod 0 30th is a decent buy and will be well under your budget but, personally, I prefer the fibre body G&Gs to the metal ones; I am just not a huge fan of metal bodied airsoft M4s.

We will all give you slightly different advice and, to be honest, the differences between the various makes are fairly minimal (as long as you avoid SRC) so, ultimately, it is up to you.

Comment

Thanks you good information

Are the G&G metal bodies pot metal or something better ?

The ICS and G&G seem to be at the top at the moment but G&G with the availability for spares is big plus for me.

Can't find much about E&C but I will keep looking.

Cheers.

Comment

G&G metal bodies, as with most metal airsoft receivers, are an aluminium alloy (pot metal).

Comment

Thank you so the G&G polymer one be better as I've heard pot metal can break easy?

I have seen the the new 2015 G&G 300 bot but not much about it online to see if it's any good or not.

Thanks.

Comment

Pot metal comes in many varieties; some break more easily than others.

Comment

Ics mp5 upper receiver hop lugs snapped on me from a 3 foot drop, a part of my TM p90 receiver snapped from a 1 foot drop into its box
                  VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                  trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Out of the ones you've listed, I'd go with G&G or ICS.

G&G metal bodies are great. I know someone who dropped one out of a first story window. The body was fine, it was only when he opened it up he'd discovered that the gearbox case had cracked. It still functioned for a good 5000 rounds after the drop too.

Comment

Thanks you.

I got it down to the G&G 300 bot or the G&G GC16 MOD0 30th Anniversary Edition.

The G&G 300 bot newber and cost £20 more plastic body,metal rail.

Both seem good lol.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

GothicGhost Find out more about GothicGhost
                      Working...
                      X