zeroing distance and bb weights.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zeroing distance and bb weights.

Hi all, just another simple question, title basically says it all.

What's the best distance to zero my aimpoint comp m2 red dot sight? Also what's the best weight bb's to use when doing this and the best weight to use on the field.

I have a jg g36c, roughly 360 fps.

Thanks in advance.

Re: zeroing distance and bb weights.

Id use the same weight as you do when playing also depending where you play I'd zero at a shorter distance for CQB than woodland.

I'd play about with distances and see what you think is best.

Comment

Also check your site fps limits before you go to far as most are under 350fps

Comment

Originally posted by Mango View Post
        Id use the same weight as you do when playing also depending where you play I'd zero at a shorter distance for CQB than woodland.

I'd play about with distances and see what you think is best.
        I'm new to airsofting mate so I don't know what weight to use on the field as I haven't skirmished yet

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by big red View Post
        Also check your site fps limits before you go to far as most are under 350fps
        Yeah no worries I spoke to one of the guys at the site I'll be playing at and Iv been told if the chronograph reads it over 350 they have an on site engineer who could sort it to the correct limit if I wanted.

Comment

Wouldn't waste your time setting gun up until you have had a spring change really.

Most people use .2 or .25s higher the fps the heavier BBS you can use. Some guns suit certain weights better.

Its all trial and error! Just get some skirmishing done and have fun!!!

Comment

Thanks for the reply, my gun was stated at 360 fps when purchased, will the fps go down after a few thousand shots? And my first games on the 7th June looking forward to it.

Comment

Usually settle down a bit, try leaving spring compressed for a day or so may help too.

Comment

Stick to .25 BB's. They generally perform the best for the majority of people I've met.

Andy
                Originally posted by Coz
                Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
                http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

Zero the sight at the distance that you find that you tend to engage. However, I would argue that, given the tendency of BBs to drift off course due to the wind, zeroing does not need to be done too precisely.

Regarding BBs, use the heaviest high quality BBs that your hop will lift and that you can afford. I have taken to using .3 BBs; they take a while to get to the target but they travel a mighty long way.

Putting a thousand rounds through the gun may well drop the fps to under 350, especially if you leave it with the spring compressed for a few days before doing so.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ROBERT--1993 Find out more about ROBERT--1993
                  Working...
                  X