1.72%
    Classic army
    3.45%
    Other....
    27.59%

Re: Best Piston Personal Experience

TM.

Got through only 2 in nearly 2 years of high speed set ups :D

The one I broke was due to aweful AOE on my part too!

Comment

what sort of fps was you running dude

Comment

Tokyo Marui - the set for £10....

Why? - Cheap... works... good airseal.

So why not a polycarbonate one? Well for several reasons - because this whole TM set is actually very cheap for one thing - you're getting a piston, piston head and 280fps spring, and also, if you're going to be using it in a high speed setup, then because it's not polycarbonate, it's easy to swiss cheese and make any modifications to.

It's as people say "I'd rather my piston got wrecked than my gears or other parts". And if you consider that you could pay £5 for the spring, £5 for the head on they're own - again, I'll make the point about it being cheap.

Oh and did I mention they're cheap?

Really I don't see much point in going for anything else, but if you really had to - go with very hard Prometheus one, as they will last an age!

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

angel and supercore have always worked for me

Comment

ICS are wnk tbh ive shreaded 2

Comment

I like the classic army yellow piston to be honest, never had any problems I've encountered so far!

Comment

tm my old aug was running 8-9 ,and is now sitting in my spares box as a backup nuff said

Comment

Nothing wrong with the Element Orange reinforced ones, not expensive either.
                  Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Originally posted by midas View Post
                    Nothing wrong with the Element Orange reinforced ones, not expensive either.
                    Same here nothing wrong with these at all.

But for general purpose chuck it in anything! The TM wins hands down.

Comment

TM, Prometheus, Classic Army yellow, G&P and then Element pistons, in that order, is how I prefer them
                      Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

TM are fantastic as they are not brittle like most other brands (systema, Guarder are just to name a few) They are also very cheap and many people chuck them away in favour of other brands which are often inferior/not suited to the setup. However i have ran masses of these pistons and they do and will fail at some point in time regardless of the setup, just like any other piston.
                        I would not agree that they are the best pistons available.

Out of the ones listed, heres my experience's.

G&P: Fantastic materials for high loads (at least gen 1 and 2), it fared very well with DMR setups exceeding 500fps with literally no signs of wear. High speed, i have killed many, all of which the back ends were ripped clean off. Oddly enough i have one that is still going, ran roughly 20k rds @41rps and still going strong, all others i tried in the same box failed very early on, (maybe i got a good lemon!?). I am also aware that G&P are also selling re branded military action pistons now (aluminium + steel rack gear), i never really had any luck with those, just heavy slugs that cause huge/expensive damage on failure IMO.

TM: Very good generally, less brittle material - as a result can withstand minor piston timing errors that occur in high cycle setups. I highly recommend these in high ROF setups as will last a long time when set up correctly, and are cheap to replace. For high FPS setups, they don't equal many others out there. The one i have in my TM AK (6 years) is showing signs of heavy wear on the release tooth and the plastic teeth leading up to it. Ive had failures in the same area in heavily used M120 based setups.

SystemA: Poor in general, they are made from very hard, if not the hardest Polycarbonates used in airsoft pistons, also very brittle, do not last with high Cycle setups in general regardless of AoE corrections. They are just far too brittle to withstand the minor timing issues that can occur at speed. They are far better for low cycle rate high FPS configurations. The one i fitted in a team mates AK (runs Systema M130) near 2 years ago is still going strong, the teeth didn't show much signs of wear last time i serviced. Also remember that Area 1000 is budget SystemA, the materials are the same.
                        SystemAs aluminium Pistons, again avoid, i have the back ends off of every single one Ive owned, even in low cycle configurations, steel gears just waste though the material anyway, the Teflon always comes off and i have found many casting impurities in them.

ICS: I had a good experience with these in high speed configurations, the materials seemed similar to TMs, seemed to fare well in a poorly configured 30rps system. No fail points there, fairly standard in stock FPS configurations, not yet tried them past M110 rated springs.
                        ICS also do aluminium pistons (forget these with pretty much any setup) and a Promy/Systema hybrid clone piston which i have yet to buy to try and destroy.

Madbull: I never tested these past SP110 (guarder) ratings, it failed too soon. It ran fine with an SP90 at stock (Marui) cycle rates, despite reading the awful reviews before buying it i was keen to try it out for my self for my own thoughts, well... it broke very quickly. I pushed it to 43rps IIRC, many other pistons i ran through the same setup lasted a lot longer, the metal rack on the Madbull shattered completely causing immediate failure, the initial pickup tooth and the majority of the plastic teeth were still intact. I have not really pushed it hard in the fps range, but if you want to follow other peoples tests you would be better off avoiding.

Classic army. Yellow.
                        Ive found these mid range, Ive not really pushed these that much in both extremes, i never had any problems running M100 springs, the M120s seemed to accelerate the wear quite sharply in comparison to other brands.

Other.
                        I'm currently using and would highly rate,
                        System Supercore - fantastic, though i have modified it. Although it has been done, i have not broken one yet. - Japanese
                        TM bog standard, cheap and easy to replace, long lasting
                        Storm, full metal rack - (these have been damn good in extreme ROF tests)
                        Prometheus Hard - again, fantastic. I couldnt rate these highly enough for any setup, even if it is overkill. - Japanese

I should hopefully be recieving a Kevlar prototype for testing later this year, so i will keep you guys posted on how that gets on

The list of others that i have tested could go on for ever!
                        dsgdreamteam

Comment

Got to say iv had realy good results with the modify piston/parts ect.

Comment

i love jg/element steel teath pistons as i run 30rps and its been fine with like 20,000 gone throw it

Comment

tm forever

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Codeone Im To Cool For School Find out more about Codeone
                              Working...
                              X