Choosing a first gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choosing a first gun

With my introduction out of the way, I've already recieved lots of useful information from you guys here at ZeroIn.

I've chosen my gear in terms of Eye/Face protection, clothes & footwear but now I'm moving on to the hardest part....choosing a gun.

BUDGET: £180 (Including Battery+Charger)

I'm very fond of the AK variants which is why I'm looking mainly for an AK-47, but they seem to be quite hard to comes across for my budget so AK-74's are also an option.
    I also love G36's and pretty much any Bullpup rifle such as the AUG and Tar-21.
    I'd prefer it if the weapon wasn't made completely from a plastic but it's not a dealbreaker, aslong as it's a decent weapon. I don't plan to put any mods on besides a sight if it's absolutely neccessary.
    I can deal with having a single mag but if there is money left over I'd like to buy an exta High/Mid-cap magazine.

As I'm not sure where abouts I'll be playing mainly, I'm not looking for anything too CQB based as it may become slightly ineffective once I'm out in the woodland maps.

That's pretty much it, my main choices so far are the CYMA Kalash - AKS-74UN and the H&K T&S G36C

Any advice and recommendations are greatly appreciated, thanks.
    Last edited by Barretted; 12 June, 2015, 21:26.

Re: Choosing a first gun

Hi mate. Zero One are very, very, very, very worried that users of this forum will find out that there are other places to buy guns from other than Zero One so you may want to remove the P@@@@@ B@@@ link from your post before you get a dressing down. Zero One have a rule that states that no other retailer, even if they offer products that Zero One do not, cannot and will not sell can be listed.

In answer to your question however, buy what you feel comfortable with. This question of "which gun am bestest" comes up all the time and is fairly boring, especially when there is a search function on this forum where you can read the millions of replies from others with the same question.

Cyma AK's are meant to be great. I've never used one but people tell me that. Have you ever used one however? I tried an AK and never got on with it. The mags were too big for most cheap (like British/US army issued) rigs and pouches, plus they are a pain if you want to lay down and shoot. Also they take some practice to perfect the mag release and reload in a hurry.

With the above text block in mind, if you are experienced in using an AK, buy one. If you just like the look then try first. Go to your local site and most people (in my experience) are happy to let you have a feel and play with their guns. I made the mistake of buying an AK to try it out and discovered I didn't get on with it and then had to sell it on. This was aggro that wasn't necessary, but I am a faddist with money to spare occasionally.

Try lots of guns. As a rule however, C&G Combat Machine M4's are really cheap (like £100-£130 on Zero One which is probably the cheapest) and my son has had a second hand one for a couple of years and has never cleaned/serviced or looked after it and I love it as much as my expensive TM recoil M4 for it's simple pull the trigger and shoot reliability. I am not pushing the M4's but it's something to consider.

Good luck and enjoy softing. Try before you buy. If you live near a Gunman Airsoft Site then go visit them as in my experience they are the friendliest players I have ever met and will happily let you try their kit - I have been softing for over ten years and I still ask people to let me play with their guns and at Gunman the players are always as enthusiastic to share the experience as I am, meaning I can see how happy I am with something before I decide to buy one of my own.

Comment

Thanks a lot Rich, I also removed the link ASAP .

I do see where you might be coming from, I've never tried an AK and it could possibly be quite an unorthodox weapon to use especially for a beginner like myself. I'll keep looking around for other potential choices, and the Combat Machine's tend to get great praise from pretty much everyone I watch on Youtube so maybe one of their M4's is a good idea. Plus with the extra cash I could buy some goodies for it!

Thanks again Rich, much appreciated.

Comment

No worries mate. Like I said in my other post on your other thread, feel free to PM me and I'll send you my number. New players is what airsoft always needs and I am a firm believer in helping the new guys get the right kit first time for the best airsofting experience.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Barretted I'm a 17 year old Car Enthusiast who loves Cars, Gaming and generally being outdoors. I currently own a Youtube channel with over 5,000 Subscribers and hope to one day reach a goal of 30K. I live in Watford, Hertfordshire and study Vehicle Engineering at West Herts College. Find out more about Barretted
        Working...
        X