Whats the best barrel option?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the best barrel option?

Hi all, will be looking for a TB barrel for the Maruzen l96 within the next week or so.

Want to know what the best one is to use please, personal feelings are that i should go for a madbul black pithon or something? not sure of the name

ty peoples
    Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 9 May, 2010, 10:30.

Re: Whats the best barrel option?

prometheus are supposed to be very good TB makers and there's a few others that are supposed to be just about on par with it, but from all these kind of threads it always seams to be promethues that are said to be the best.

Comment

yeah but i am looking at £20 to £30 more for a prometheus over a madbull, is it worth it?

do you snipe yourself? if so what gun and upgrades you got?

chears mate

Comment

yes i do enjoy sniping but i'm half way through my new project.

right now i use a TM M14 and have got a tanio koba twist barrel in it but as i said i'm half way through my project, i got quite abit more to go until she is complete.

i honestly couldn't say whether spending the 20-30 more is worth it for the prometheus, i have just heard lots of good things about it.

Comment

I have a tanio koba twist in my M4, it gives me awesome range and really tight groupings when its not windy. The BBs really do fly straight further instead of curving up before dropping from the hop.

Promeathus are better for guns higher than 1 joule/330FPS or so I hear, I would have got one if my gun wasn't CQB friendly.

I think its worth the money getting a good one though, its the best way aside from a pimped hop-up to increase your accuracy and range and if you get the best available you'll never need another.

Comment

Prommy will have tighter tolerances over the Madbull. But as we live in the U.K and have rather strict limits unlike U.S.A take for example, the Madbull barrel would be fine. If we were needing to shoot 350+ feet then yes i'd say Prommy, but that rarely happens in the U.K due to our FPS limits

Comment

EDGI if you can get one, had one in my 36, highly rated, very tight groupings.

Comment

people this is for an l96 not an M4, 36 or any other machine gun

keep the advice coming, ps i have looked at the other barrel threads and thesniper ugrade guide etc but alot of debate is held in those threads, looks like this one might be the same :P

anyone had experience between a madbul and promy tb barrel? any difference etc apart from price?

ty

Comment

Can't go wrong with Madbull Black Python V2, the performance v price difference is hardly any different and its widely regarded as one of the best TBB's on the market. Just make sure it is a V2 you get. There is also a link somewhere that shows that even though they are sold as a 6.03 they are more close to 6.01 but I'm just about to go out and don't have the link to hand so someone else will have to dig that up for you!

Short version get a V2 Black Python and you won't be disappointed.

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

Thanks pope, you stated:

Originally posted by ThePope View Post
                    the performance v price difference is hardly any different
                    Any evidence to prove this / you used both makes?

ty all

Comment

Running a Prommy in my P90 and a Madbull V2 in my M4, at the ranges played in airsoft there is naff all difference between the two bar the price. The V2 is in my eyes is THE best price to performance ratio of all the tight bores no doubt. As said I own a Prommy and a MB and I will only be buying V2 madbulls from now on. Also the V2 MB is made of out aircraft grade aluminium (read that on arnies somewhere) so they are solid as hell but light as a feather.

The V2's were like gold dust to find a few months ago due to being sold out everywhere and that was because they are so damn good. Few stores have just got new stock in of them now. V1's had an issue where they chipped inside buy no such issues with the V2's they are rock solid.

I personally can't justify paying the extra money for a Prommy with the V2 Madbulls about.
                      Last edited by ThePope; 9 May, 2010, 19:20.

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

I'm in the same shoes... (even though I have relatively small feet).

I've used the following tight bore barrels:

Prometheus 6.03
                        Madbull V1 + V2 6.03
                        EDGI 6.01
                        Element 6.04 (actually a 6.03 when measured though!?)
                        Systema 6.04

I can honestly say that the Element barrel is... well, crap. Don't dismiss the brand though as a lot of their other internal parts are quality.
                        The EDGI was the most expensive out of the lot, but gave the best groupings and also had the biggest amount of dirt in at the end of the day...

The Systema was probably on par with the Madbull V1, and the only difference between the Prommy and the V2 is that the Prommy seems to be more consistent, shooting a little straighter (tested using the same gun with the same setup of hop rubber etc).

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

cheers guys, looks like its going to be a madbul v2

Comment

What sort of FPS are you using your rifle at? I wouldn't dismiss the possibility of a TK twist barrel unless you want it to shoot at 400+ (if you want it to shoot at 400 then you may as well knock it back to 340 ish and use a twist barrel as you would get better results).

Comment

at this moment in time its firint at 360fps all completely stock,

i plan to upgrade it to 400+ fps within the next couple of weeks hopefully.

reason i have ditched the TK twist barrels is that i have only seen reportson these forrums that they are best used for lower fps guns unless some new stats have come out i don't know of :S. also the price difference is high compared to a madbul.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

badas Find out more about badas
                              Working...
                              X