Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap and Cheerful GBB

Hi all,

Im in the stages of making a scout style rifle. So I want a cheap and cheerful GBB rifle. I plan on upgrading it and want to it new as well.

Cheers

Re: Cheap and Cheerful GBB

FYI, 'cheap' usually means 'bloody awful' when it comes to GBBRs; for AR-15s, go any cheaper than the WEs and you literally might as well just shovel your money into the fireplace. There is nothing cheerful about crap materials, horrible parts fit, and terrible performance.

Also, what sort of 'scout rifle'? The 'scout rifle' concept as developed by Jeff Cooper explicitly calls for a bolt-action carbine, not a semi-automatic. Buying a GBBR for this purpose is also problematic from the point of view of accuracy (NBBs are inherently much more accurate) and site rules (often only single-action guns will be allowed to use sniper rules, including higher FPS limits). If you want to build a cut-down gas BASR, I would highly recommend a Mancraft SDiK conversion of a TM VSR. They are very cheap, very consistent (key for accuracy) and the VSR platform is by far the best supported of any bolt-action.

If by 'scout style' you just mean a lightweight GBBR, then the obvious choice is KJW's KC-02 replica of Ruger's 10/22. This can easily be built into a pseudo-scout rifle (e.g. like this one, with the correct long-eye relief low-power scope and 3-point sling) and is also quite affordable. It's about the only 'cheap' GBBR I would recommend.

Comment

Re: Cheap and Cheerful GBB

Right, cheers.

I wasnt aware of the Jeff Cooper style of scout rifle...I just wanted light with good range and accuracy I could sling over my shoulder.
      I will look in the WE's and thanks again, looks like Ive got some more thinking to do now!!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Logical Airsofter Find out more about Logical Airsofter
      Working...
      X