Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New G&G Combat Machine SR Series

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has one of the new G&G Combat Machine SR Series AEGs as I am looking to purchase my first gun and have my eye on the 'G&G CM16 SR-XL'. Any information anyone can give me will be appreciated.

Thanks, Paul.

Re: New G&G Combat Machine SR Series

I post a thread almost identical just over a month ago and didn't get much of a response.
    The gun looks nice but with no reviews or not much information on how it runs its put me off a bit.
    Are you on a budget? If not take a look at the krytac trident SPR, it looks like a better quality, high rated version of the SPR, I'm looking at the CRB (shorter version) atm.

Comment

Just had a quick look at the krytac trident and it's a little out of my budget range. I'm looking for a fairly cheap AEG to get me started, originally looking at getting the G&G CM16 R8-L but stumbled across the SRXL. I'm still tempted to get one of these even without many reviews. I've been looking into buying second hand but I've been put off by bad experiences that friends have had and I've decided to buy new.

Thanks for the reply.

Paul.

Comment

It was also higher then what I wanted to spend but after every review I've seen being great ive been pushed towards it, not able to get it for another 3ish weeks as I don't yet have my defence but as soon as I can i will.
        Will you be using the SRXL for field only or CQB also?

Comment

The site I play at is part field part CQB as it's a former army camp with a lot of open area and a few bunkers. I feel there are more longer range fire fights in games which the SRXL would be great for and I shouldn't have too much trouble with the bunkers.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul0139 View Post
            Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has one of the new G&G Combat Machine SR Series AEGs as I am looking to purchase my first gun and have my eye on the 'G&G CM16 SR-XL'. Any information anyone can give me will be appreciated.

Thanks, Paul.

I own a CM16 SRL. All I can say is what a gun, Lightweight accurate comes with MOSFET and ETU which is an added bonus. Plenty of sights and accessories that work with Keymod also already got a reflex sight added to mine. Bought also as a first gun I had my eyes on other guns headed down to Zero one got plenty of brilliant advice and saved myself some cash. Would recommend it for a first gun.

Also for a first gun its worth going down to the shop anyway as they will be able to help you pick a gun that will work for you not everyone else

Comment

Seems a nice looking gun with its 3 rnd burst mosfet installed
              hopefully G&G fets stand up better than their previous fets

Only thing that concerns me is some of these new bespoke module parts....
              yes the trigger unit should withstand any arcing issues as the mosfet takes care of that
              but if the trigger unit itself fails from rough wear n tear - then you are stuck with G&G parts

All sounds good and moving forward with innovations but just like new modern cars
              you can't fix or repair them easily - but have to replace them whole modules with new units from main dealers

I'm not sure about some of the module motor, trigger, new tappet-less bb loading etc... they are bringing out
              coz for parts and upgrades you might be limited to G&G

out of box it all looks good but time will tell how well this new stuff works out

if you seek a gun with some new features in there it does look nice
              (lovely receiver without shouting CM, dual mag release don't bother me but nice detail on polymer receiver)
              but for the moment I'm sticking with convention and my old Ford Cortina (showing my age)

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. Unfortunately I can't get to a store as there are none within a reasonable distance of me, the nearest store being 50 miles away, ZeroOne being nearly 400 miles away. I understand what you're saying sitting duck and I'm still very tempted to buy the new CM. I guess someone has to find out what these new AEGs are like and I could be one of them.

Thanks again, Paul.

Comment

G&G combat machines are brilliant 1st guns in general and do really well for the money.

The differences between models are mainly just the looks, the performance of them all will be about the same, longer barrels etc don't mean more range on an out the box gun, they are just generally for looks. So get what you like the look of, the longer they are the harder it is to get around corners etc in CQB.

You won't go wrong with any g&g combat machine model, the reason you haven't had much response is because the "which gun should I buy for my first one" comes up a lot and g&g combat machines are generally recommended.

I would recommend popping to a shop, but if you can't take advantage of have a perv and a feel of other players guns, make sure you like the size and scale of them etc.
                  sigpic

Comment

I love G&G's - they are brilliant value for money
                    I was just pointing out the trigger unit "might" be a cause for concern if it fails
                    unlikely to burn out as the mosfet but as it houses trigger microswitch and spring/return mechanism
                    it "might" fail over time as all the mechanical stuff will wear

Ares & others come to mind with "improvements" inside, but these bespoke improvments can be a pain
                    to fix/repair if things go wrong - hopefully the mechanism should be fine for quite a while with G&G's relability
                    and retailers will need to stock a few of these bespoke G&G parts/modules to allow us to decide if I am just being a worry guts

Once we know the price of the replacement parts - or at a push repair/replacement options should they fail
                    then buyers can make a decision if this new stuff is a good idea or not.
                    Fairly sure it is just the trigger/switch module in there so if it is robust then any other tweaks upgrades should be easy to perform

Obviously a new owner probably won't be bothered about this as gun is under warranty
                    just I like ripping stuff apart after I have broken it - repeat 3 or 4 times as needed

Comment

I have one of the G&G CM16 SRS i went for the shorter barrel for CQB and i love this gun out of the box played 6 whole days with it and it has never failed on anything it is very accurate and good range

Comment

I have the G&G SRXL version and i am in love with it. I've upgraded the spring to shoot at 330fps on .25's the 3 burst system is excellent. I would swap out the hopup system as it is plastic and lets the whole system down IMO (sheared the last one mid game on my CM16) upgraded that with a Lonex unit with hopup and new barrel to sweeten the deal.
                        sigpic

Comment

I've got a G&G GC16 Predator, loving it.

On;y thing i've got issues with is I'm having trouble with the Keymod rail, got some mounts off **** *******, and the nuts on them have the chamfer as per keymod spec, but the G&G hand guard doesn't, so there's wobble on the mounts i attach...

any of you guys found a way around this? or have you just left it as is?

Cheers

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Paul0139 Find out more about Paul0139
                          Working...
                          X