Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendation for Glock 17 Holsters

Hi guys

I recently purchased a holster for my glock which turned out to be utter shite, after some research i have been left clueless as to what holster i should buy for my Glock. I want a drop down leg holster and am not willing to spend over £40-50

If you guys use a holster for your Glock 17 and you love it could you drop the name of it down below please and i will look into one for myself

Thanks
    ManBearGoatPig

Edit - I forgot to say i would prefer it to be OD
    Current Loadout:
    G&G Combat Machine CM16 R8-L

My Station:

Selling: Tamiya Gravel Hound R/C Car 1/10 Scale

Re: Recommendation for Glock 17 Holsters

It would probably help if you elaborated as to what the utter shite holster was.

Having spent over a grand on holsters over the past 10 years I would suggest belt or chest mount depending on the environment and you preference. The lowest I go nowadays is hip height dropped off the belt. Thigh holsters can get clumsy and cumbersome they are only really necessary if you have a ton of kit around the belt that has nowhere to go. But for your average airsoft game, most people should enough space to shuffle things around the body to accommodate something on the belt. What I would consider a decent drop leg holster would also push far beyond your budget.

I would suggest looking at the following which can be found in the UK or at least Europe. Blackhawk Serpa cqc, g-code, IMI, bladetech, fobus.

Be aware that the brands above are real steel kit and if you are using something like a TM glock then it's likely they will NOT fit into glock 17 holsters due to differing g dimensions from the real thing. If that is the case then look for the models which fit larger calibre glocks like the 21.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Comment

Having bough several RS holsters, which all required fiddling to make my TM G17 fit, I bought one of the Nuprol ones, VERY similar to the IMI ones, and fit perfectly!

Comment

You can easily make a Serpa fit the TM (same with the WE) by pushing the gun into the holster then heating the plastic with a hair dryer repeat a few times and leave the gun in the holster for a week or two while the plastic cools to shape (yes you can still use it and the gun)and hey presto it fits.

Curlyboy
        'I prefer a straight fight to all this sneaking around' Han Solo

Comment

As said above, there's not really any good reasons to have your sidearm strapped to the side of your leg.

If you want retention, go IMI. Same idea as Blackhawks, but smaller and cheaper, with better mounting options. If you're after something a little less clunky, leather. I go leather for all my guns now. It's just easier

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ManBearGoatPig Find out more about ManBearGoatPig
          Working...
          X