Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a side arm

Hey folks,

So im looking for a side arm something that will be easy to upgrade with decent range fps and accuracy i know its alot to ask :P any suggestions on brands and models?

Re: Looking for a side arm

Budget and what kind of pistol do you like (1911s, Glocks, USPs, M9s etc etc) will be two things we need to know to give you any kind of useful advice.

You will also find peoples individual perceptions and opinions differ.

Generally, WE make some very good (especially their newer models) pistols on a budget. Most of their new Glocks/M&Ps/Sigs and such run for around the £100 mark (some are less at £90, some are more at £130 etc). Avoid their 1911s. Metal slides, polymer lowers (if the RS pistol has it) and such. Decent pistols, but the lower price point does show in the lack of quality in some parts. But, they have a wide range of spares available and a million aftermarket parts available.

Tokyo Marui make arguably, the best pistols. Polymer all over (usually) means very good performance all year round, and again, they have a wide range of spares and aftermarket parts available. They come in at a higher price point, but they don't need anything doing out of the box (par maybe some lubrication) and they are good to go. TM have a solid reputation.

I also like KWA, never had a bad pistol from them,although they tend to make some of the more hard to find models. KSC are identical to KWA, and in the UK they are distributed under ASG (but only some of their models!!)

VFC/Stark Arms make the best wall hangers or if you want a super authentic replica, but don't have the best reputation when it comes to gas pistols.

SRC...well, we just won't go there.

There are more brands out there, but tbh if you can't find a pistol you like that isn't made by TM/KWA or WE then you must be looking for something odd! Personally, id stick to one of those 3 brands.
    sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

Hey thanks Caldymoose awesome info there im currently running a KWJ colt 1911 all metal and just feel like moving onto something diffrent price wise im looking to spend around the £110 mark was looking at the WE G18c any word on that ?

Comment

I have a WE Beretta M-92, Boxed if your interested. We Beretta works fine but the extended mag has the feeder lip missing, an £8 fix from eBay. £50 delivered

IMAG0989 (2).jpgIMAG0990.jpg

PM me if interested
        sigpic" Only the living cry for war's end, the dead are quite relaxed about it "

Comment

TM Hi capa is what I've seen in reviews as one of the best for quality, accuracy and range but obviously many have different opinions. I've also seen this is probably the most upgradable side arm.
          This comes in 3 different sizes (3.8/4.3/5.1) with the 4.3 version also in xtreme (full auto).
          I'll be getting one as soon as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobertson- View Post
            TM Hi capa is what I've seen in reviews as one of the best for quality, accuracy and range but obviously many have different opinions. I've also seen this is probably the most upgradable side arm.
            This comes in 3 different sizes (3.8/4.3/5.1) with the 4.3 version also in xtreme (full auto).
            I'll be getting one as soon as possible.
            Tm hi-capa am bestest IMHO, but its only available in 4.3 & 5.1, the 3.8 is made by WE.

Comment

I recently purchased a WE g18c on here, it was my first side arm and I'm pleased with it so far, easy to maintain, quite accurate for a pistol. Main reason I got it was for the full auto function, not that Iv use it full auto at a skirmish yet as I have had no need to but it looks and sounds cool.

Comment

Originally posted by tackle View Post
                Tm hi-capa am bestest IMHO, but its only available in 4.3 & 5.1, the 3.8 is made by WE.
                So it is, I'm going for the 5.1

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by ROBERT--1993 View Post
                I recently purchased a WE g18c on here, it was my first side arm and I'm pleased with it so far, easy to maintain, quite accurate for a pistol. Main reason I got it was for the full auto function, not that Iv use it full auto at a skirmish yet as I have had no need to but it looks and sounds cool.
                Very loud, no good for stealth mode.

Comment

Yes very loud, can't deny that lol, I'll be going for the 4.3 soon I think.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

zane i likey shooty shooty Find out more about zane
                  Working...
                  X