Second sidearm...1911

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second sidearm...1911

I stopped airsofting for a while and ended up selling my TM P226 E2, which was a great buy.

I'm looking to get a 1911 now, I've heard that KWA make some decent models? Just looking for advice on a really reliable make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkpd

Re: Second sidearm...1911

TM again, I should think. Get a Series 70 - they're the most recently released, and have the best finish IMO.

Comment

Okay sweet thank you dude

Comment

KWA are alright but the mag ans part availability isnt. Get TM again and it will be as good as you can get. TM is plastic so better for 1911s as the smaller mag gets less gas in and a metal slide uses more.

Comment

Annother vote for the TM Series 70 really is a lovely gun. And a massive number of aftermarket parts if you want to customise.
          Not actually a builder
          Not actually called Bob.

Comment

obvs tm is gonna be a good brand/efficient ect

but theirs other companies out there, most of them only have mag problems

ie i had a army 1911 which externally was better than my tm dw

but had problems due to the shit mags so i bought a tm mag, with good maintenance it will never really fail u as a side arm

lots of other good companies out there making decent gbbs
            Revision Sawfly Tactical/Safety Glasses £15 Free shipping
            http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...-Free-shipping
            Feedback
            http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=128914

Comment

There's a rumor that a company that does not exist, as only Zero One sell airsoft guns, are sellign TM Series 70 with a nickel finish for £109 in a sale, they are usually £170. Most excellent value for a most excellent gun!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Infantry92 View Post
              obvs tm is gonna be a good brand/efficient ect

but theirs other companies out there, most of them only have mag problems

ie i had a army 1911 which externally was better than my tm dw

but had problems due to the shit mags so i bought a tm mag, with good maintenance it will never really fail u as a side arm

lots of other good companies out there making decent gbbs
              A classic reply. "I own a non-TM gun, it's excellent, really it is, coz it's made out of pot metal (because pots are better than plastic innit) and there are only a few things that need changing, like mags, nozzles, springs.... and once you've done some filing with sandpaper they work just as well as TM, as long as the weather is warm and you clean and relube it in between games."
              “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Comment

Owned at tm 1911 for 8 years, lost it for 7, found it, gassed it up and it fired flawlessly after 7 years of sitting in a cupboard with no box. Not being maintained or lubed. Is also more powerful than my nicely lubed up and well maintained WE p226... With pistols the best bet is always to by TM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Excuse my spelling

Comment

Personally I'd re-buy the P226E2, that's my go-to skirmishing sidearm. Easily ranks amongst the best performers out there in stock form (and indeed better than many pistols would be after work).

If you're really after a 1911 though and don't mind the much decreased gas capacity vs a double stack 9mm, then I think the MEU or Night Warrior are the better designs given the awful WW2 sights that the S70s comes with. Depends what you want aesthetically though, if you want the older look then the plain S70 is a great vintage style 1911 and incredibly deceptive for a plastic gun. For skirmish use though I find some of the features of the more modern style guns quite handy; each to their own.
                  REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

I really liked the 226, such a solid sidearm. Decisions decisions

Comment

Originally posted by Trouble View Post
                      There's a rumor that a company that does not exist, as only Zero One sell airsoft guns, are sellign TM Series 70 with a nickel finish for £109 in a sale, they are usually £170. Most excellent value for a most excellent gun!

- - - Updated - - -

A classic reply. "I own a non-TM gun, it's excellent, really it is, coz it's made out of pot metal (because pots are better than plastic innit) and there are only a few things that need changing, like mags, nozzles, springs.... and once you've done some filing with sandpaper they work just as well as TM, as long as the weather is warm and you clean and relube it in between games."
                      classic fan boy
                      i've owned tm pistols and other brands aswell

i prefer not to ignore all the other companies
                      Revision Sawfly Tactical/Safety Glasses £15 Free shipping
                      http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...-Free-shipping
                      Feedback
                      http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=128914

Comment

Originally posted by Infantry92 View Post
                        classic fan boy
                        i've owned tm pistols and other brands aswell

i prefer not to ignore all the other companies
                        No, you're right. Some other brands are almost as good as Marui, once parts are swapped out, upgraded, refitted and modified. And as long as there's not a cool wind blowing.

You make a fair point.
                        “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Comment

i have a TM 1911. had it for about 3 years now and i skirmish often. still my favorite for getting the satisfying kills and still the most reliable. only cleaned it about two times in all that time. throw it in the bag after every event and forget about it until i'm back at the site.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

C-Dawg Find out more about C-Dawg
                          Working...
                          X