Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What engagement range for my gun?

Hi,

I am not keen on hurting or irritating players so I wanted to check what engagement range I should be using, and or fps etc...

My gun is a polarstar (locked to semi) with a 507mm tightbore (from my old aeg) and r hop. I have .43g bb's.

It's a long gun that I want to use like a dmr, I was thinking about 220fps with a 10m engagement range,

Re: What engagement range for my gun?

Troll ?

Comment

220fps with a .43BB is going to be less than 1.15 joules. or the equivalent of ~350fps on a .2g BB. Only reason to have a MED would be if P* have joule creep, which I don't know. Do they?

Comment

Hpa rifles have large joule creep, especially with heavy rounds. My field says 350fps (with a .2) max for anything other than a bolt action.
        Knowing this I would have bought .36's or .28's but unfortunately it is too late. I can't return them.

350fps with a .2 gives me 1.13J
        237.5fps with a .43 gives me 1.125J

So I thought I would run at 220fps? I am new to joule creep but I've done my research and I just want clarification.

Rhop will mean I can outrange most rifles anyway.

Comment

Ah, looking back i have it assways anyway. Assuming you are running at 220 with the .43 your joules are fine. The creep works the other way, so when you chrono with .2s id anticipate being well under 350. Its the right way to play it.
          Wish more hpa users were as considerate as you frankly.

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation, I really appreciate it! @Figjam

Comment

I just want to add my thanks too - it's really reassuring to see a new Polar* user who already knows what energy creep is and how it affects their gun. Like Figjam says you've got it absolutely right - chronograph at anywhere up to 239fps with your 0.43s and you're still at or below the 1.13J limit that's likely imposed at your site.

You don't need to worry about a MED unless one is also imposed on other 350fps-with-a-0.20g-BB guns, and you can unlock fully-automatic fire; your gun is shooting exactly the same energy as the regular AEGs, so you might as well make sure you're not putting yourself at a pointless disadvantage. If you want to be polite, just keep your ROF somewhere sensible - 25rps is a good maximum.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Digital Find out more about Digital
              Working...
              X