Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Condor Ronin Loadout!!

Hey guys,

Thinking of trying a new chest rig and been looking at the Codor Ronin but wondered what I could carry on it. I run an M4 with Mid Caps, no sidearm so need mag pouches, probaly a general small utility pouch for a battery or similar and a dump pouch. I want to add the hydration carrier at some point as well.

What I want to know is how many mag pouches you can comfortably fit on the side panels, and if there's anywhere to attach a dump pouch easily? I don't wanna spend a lot, hence the condor choice and it looks like something I could wear easily!

Thanks guys,
    Dan
    Originally posted by hoggy21
    Welcome to the world of airsoft! Say goodbye to money, all other hobbies and your weekends!

Re: Help with Condor Ronin Loadout!!

I have used Condor stuff, but not the ronin, found it good and hard wearing.
    As for the dump pouch there should be room on the back belt bit.

Nige
    The United Kingdom. Its where Great Britain used to be.

Comment

Thanks man!

Just wondering if I could carry enough ammo! Was either going Condor Ronin and then setting it up myself or the NCStar M4 Molle vest. Only like 32 quid on Z1 and has built in hydration carrier and integrated mag pouches:

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=8416

Don't expect it to last forever, but does for a first chest rig I guess!
      Welcome to the world of airsoft! Say goodbye to money, all other hobbies and your weekends!

Comment

Personally mate I would go with the condor
        You will have an easier time selling it on if and when you want a change
        The United Kingdom. Its where Great Britain used to be.

Comment

Just to throw a spanner in the works, have you looked at the Condor rapid assault chest rig?
          My chest rig is a very old custom one but is almost identical to the Condor. Integral mag pouches are really useful and will save you a fortune in the short term. Mine carries 6 mags which tbh is plenty. On the molle space up front I can fit a dump pouch, two grenade pouches, pistol mag pouches, admin pouch, flashbang, pistol holster and a radio pouch. Really compact and low drag. I don't miss front loading but if you do then the zero one rig might be your best bet. To get an integrated rear hydration panel for the Condor would be an extra expense.
          "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
          George Carlin

Comment

Yeah I am thinking the NCStar one from Z1 would save me a tonne of money, and apparently NCS and Condor are considered similar in quality but might be wrong.

How do you find running a dump pouch on the front, seems like it would get in the way a lot to me

Comment

I run a Condor Ronin with my Aug HC:

Rear:
              -Hydro
              -2.5l bladder
              -foldable dump pouch off the hydro's molle

Left panel:
              -3 x double stack mag pouches
              -last space clear for arm to hang naturally

Right panel:
              -1 x double stack mag pouch
              -1 x sidekick pouch + double 40mm grenade pouch on the front (enola smokes fit these perfectly). Carabiners for my gloves etc.
              -last space clear for arm to hang.

Notes
              -hydro doesn't sit comfortably at the back, even with all the straps sinched as far as they will go. The rear strap of the ronin is meant to pass through a padded panel on the hydro to keep the hydro from bouncing around etc. But this isn't low enough really and pulls the ronin rear strap up, into a less comfortable position. Not a problem if you're not running the hydro obviously.
              -sidekick is great, totally enough room for a gp/administration pouch. I took off the front zip as it's literally the only zip on condor products without cord pulls, so it makes a noise when you move.
              -all this stuff is condor, buying multiple pouches and testing them all out before returning the ones I can't use. Quality is ok, make sure you go over the kit with a lighter to get rid of the rag end threads.
              -just tried my full ronin rig with the battle belt below it. It pretty much fills the gap between the bottom of the ronin (if you have it adjusted high on your chest vs low) however I found it uncomfortable when bending or squatting. Shame as I was gonna have all my pistol stuff on it eventually.

Anyway, sorry for the waffle. Feel free to ask any questions. Checked out most of the condor range of pouches on my ronin so might be able to further if you're settled on condor

Comment

Thanks mate that's a big help! And the sort of information I was after. I don't run a sidearm yet so not in a rush to carry one (I own loads, just don't want to run one yet lol). Sounds like the ronin can hold all the stuff I need, would add a hydration carrier at a later point. Is there anywhere for a dump pouch to fit on the standard ronin without the HC.

Have you ever tried running just the battle belt as a Loadout, with the mag pouches and dump pouch?

Comment

I'm debating keeping the battle belt. It's sturdy, has the drop leg holes on either side, well padded with anti slip areas. Put it together with the condor tac belt. My issue is that if I keep that, add the h harness to stop it moving, then my ronin is pointless. Honestly, all my mag pouches and side kick would fit on the battle belt fine. Whether I prefer it all down around my waist vs chest is the debate. I can't be assed moving my pouches to find out.

If and when I get a pistol ill just hang of from the tac belt directly. The molle real estate on the battle belt is kinda pointless when I have my ronin.

On the standard ronin setup I had my condor 3 fold dump pouch attached to the rear strap. Sits snug in the small of my back (I'm 6 ft) when folded. When deployed I didn't find it bounced too much, be it 1 mag or 5-6 in there. You're dumping blind sure, but despite me panicking a couple of times that they'd all been split during a mad sprint, they were safe and secure.

With my loadout I considered attaching the DP to the front of my triple double stacks on the left. Makes sense to have it right by the fresh mags. However this got annoying fast, swinging into my thigh when I ran.

The other option is the drop leg. A lot of people seem to dislike stuff on their legs when they run, but would be a nice minimal loadout - battle belt with your mag pouches and some form of gp pouch, drop leg dump pouch on the left, gp drop leg or holster on the right.

Comment

I think after reading everything it will be between the NCStar Molle Set up on Z1 (I mean 30 quid ain't bad for a basic vest with integrated pouches and the hydration blader, saves me money for getting a new PC in the future and decent pouches if I wanted to add any.

Or I go with the Ronin and build off it myself, I mean how comfortable is the Ronin without the Hydration pouch, I would generally want to carry 6 or so mags on my vest, maybe a few more if I could at some point and a utility pouch for a spare battery. The hydration carrier would be something I would look at in the future, worst comes to worst I could use my dump pouch for a bottle of water! Could I hand the pouch on say the last row of molle and then onto the lower back strap so it stays in place but it isn't directly behind me?

Comment

I find the Ronin comfortable, don't get me wrong. The comment about the hydration carrier reducing that comfort is a minor point but one you may discover later on. Also, with the Ronin, I have the straps on minimum and it's just now snug. I'm 6 ft and broad in the chest so anyone smaller may find that it sits loose. Couple of the reviews online said the same thing but I can confirm it.

For the same price roughly as you Ronin you have the Recon, have you considered that? Has all the pouches you're after built in. How important is modularity to you? Rigs aren't something you swith about much once you've got it optimised and most of the fixed pouch rigs are already pretty well thought out.

With the Recon it's just a solid band across the front so not as quick to ditch as the Ronin. It has those cross shoulder straps but the layout matches the Ronin so you could add the hydro later and have superior H harness comfort (or find someone who has the hydro and no longer need the original shoulder straps...like me

List your factors out when considering the options, it helps. And set a rigid budget, otherwise you spend more on posting returns trying out all the combinations, like I did.

Oh, forgot to mention, don't bother buying single stacker mag pouches. Get the doubles or triples and cut them down. The stiching allows you to seperate them out easily enough, so you don't spend a fortune on singles.

So -
                      RONIN
                      SIDEKICK
                      FOLDABLE DUMP POUCH
                      DOUBLE STACKER MAG POUCH
                      SINGLE STACKER MAG POUCH

Anything else is just gravy

Comment

Well to begin with it will literally just be the rig, dump pouch and mag pouches to keep the cost low for now. Ah that's good to know that you can seperate the multiples easily enough. Im not to worried about carrying anything else at the minute, it might even get to the point where I don't use the dump pouch, but it's good to have. I did check out the recon, the ronin just seemed a little comfier with the mags to the side, especially with the easy on and off buckles!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Druico Find out more about Druico
                        Working...
                        X