Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with my TM Hi capa

Hi guys, i purchased my first ever TM Hi Capa 5.1
    In which it is brand new, an was working fine, until i started playing around with it.

When you try to glock the side, the hammer does not stay down, an the slide just comes back again.

The trigger is also unmovable, as if it were on safety mode, which it is not on.

Really struggling to see what is wrong?

Re: Problem with my TM Hi capa

when you say you started playing with it, what did you do?
    section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
      when you say you started playing with it, what did you do?
      Sorry, i probably made matters worse, making myself sound like a child, with that description.

By playing, i literally should of said instead, just inspecting, looking and practising dry fire shots.

Comment

I think the problem maybe with sear the spring

Comment

Sean,

Have you stripped it down at all. I mean by removing the pin in the pistol grip lower and removing the backstrap?
          These guys are quite fickle if you dont put them back exactly right or knock the sear/leaf spring out of shape. They also have a few small but real important springs that enjoy flying out to suprise the unwary.

Does the hammer go into half cock? If not I reckon the hammer spring could have been fitted incorrectly or become damaged, hence the hammer dropping. Quite an easy fix if you feel confident.

If not, and its literally out of the box, id probably send it back under warranty.

Im no expert but when I got mine I stripped it down step by step watching a you tube vid to better understand how it worked and therefore how to care for it. It gives me no problems and never, ever jams or misfires. Treat em right and they are fantastic.

Maybe explain a bit more, for example, what you have done shooting wise to the pistol and what gas you are using and where (i:e out in heatwave weather, raining etc) could give some clues to if the gas was overpowered and damaged the internals.

CBH

Comment

Originally posted by Comicbook Hero View Post
            Sean,

Have you stripped it down at all. I mean by removing the pin in the pistol grip lower and removing the backstrap?
            These guys are quite fickle if you dont put them back exactly right or knock the sear/leaf spring out of shape. They also have a few small but real important springs that enjoy flying out to suprise the unwary.

Does the hammer go into half cock? If not I reckon the hammer spring could have been fitted incorrectly or become damaged, hence the hammer dropping. Quite an easy fix if you feel confident.

If not, and its literally out of the box, id probably send it back under warranty.

Im no expert but when I got mine I stripped it down step by step watching a you tube vid to better understand how it worked and therefore how to care for it. It gives me no problems and never, ever jams or misfires. Treat em right and they are fantastic.

Maybe explain a bit more, for example, what you have done shooting wise to the pistol and what gas you are using and where (i:e out in heatwave weather, raining etc) could give some clues to if the gas was overpowered and damaged the internals.

CBH

Firstly, I would like to just say thank you, for you taking time out of your own time to write a very helpful and understanding message, much appreciated.

I managed to strip it down, an everything looked just fine, the pistol is also brand new out of the box, so i think like you said, it will have to be sent back.

The hammer also does not half cock, no cock at all lol

Good thing, it is still in warranty, but once again, really appreciate the good advise mate! thank you

Comment

Originally posted by mistikempire View Post
              Firstly, I would like to just say thank you, for you taking time out of your own time to write a very helpful and understanding message, much appreciated.

I managed to strip it down, an everything looked just fine, the pistol is also brand new out of the box, so i think like you said, it will have to be sent back.

The hammer also does not half cock, no cock at all lol

Good thing, it is still in warranty, but once again, really appreciate the good advise mate! thank you
              This type of problem is almost guaranteed to be the result of a misplaced leaf spring - The 3 prong thing that sits under the grip safety. I have had exactly the same set of symptoms after fitting a new hammer. I would consider checking the positioning with reference to the following image... Do try it a few times before giving up, it is a pain in the arse to get it positioned right.

http://m2.i.pbase.com/o2/19/177719/1...LeafSpring.jpg

R

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mistikempire Find out more about mistikempire
              Working...
              X