ARES Am-014 battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARES Am-014 battery

Okay so I recently bought a ares am014 rifle, and I'm looking for a battery. I wanted to know if this gun is safe to run on a 11.1v lipo? Also it says you need a peq because the battery compartment is small. I just purchased one recently and this battery is too thick for the compartment so I'm looking for a decent 7.4v/11.1v lipo, price isn't a major concern. Thanks guys.

Re: ARES Am-014 battery

Having got a honey badger variant myself the biggest battery you will get in there I reckon is a 1000mah 7.4. Personal I use a turnigy nano-tech 1000 mah 7.4v battery, I think they are 35c. 2 last me a whole day.

Although you can get that programmer that sets the guns voltage cut off for lipo's and that has an 11.1v option I've read several stories on the Internet of people frying the honey badger quickly on 11.1v. Ultimately they may have been unlucky. Either way an 11.1v lipo will reduce the life span of the gun. Personally I wouldn't want to anyway, trigger response is phenomal on a 7.4v. And rof is more than adequate, I get through the 140rd mags quicker than I realise.

Do whatever you want but I think you would be mad to run 11.1v in it, it's so good on a 7.4v. As for a peq box unless you can be arsed to front wire iit and buy a monstrosity of a box it would be a waste of time. Google turnigy nanotech 1000mah 7.4v battery you will find them and they are about £7 each. If you can't get them in the UK and can't wait to import them then take down their dimensions (that will be on the website) and buy another brand of similar size. The vapex 800mah are readily available in the UK and would do.

Comment

Originally posted by mafu10 View Post
      Having got a honey badger variant myself the biggest battery you will get in there I reckon is a 1000mah 7.4. Personal I use a turnigy nano-tech 1000 mah 7.4v battery, I think they are 35c. 2 last me a whole day.

Although you can get that programmer that sets the guns voltage cut off for lipo's and that has an 11.1v option I've read several stories on the Internet of people frying the honey badger quickly on 11.1v. Ultimately they may have been unlucky. Either way an 11.1v lipo will reduce the life span of the gun. Personally I wouldn't want to anyway, trigger response is phenomal on a 7.4v. And rof is more than adequate, I get through the 140rd mags quicker than I realise.

Do whatever you want but I think you would be mad to run 11.1v in it, it's so good on a 7.4v. As for a peq box unless you can be arsed to front wire iit and buy a monstrosity of a box it would be a waste of time. Google turnigy nanotech 1000mah 7.4v battery you will find them and they are about £7 each. If you can't get them in the UK and can't wait to import them then take down their dimensions (that will be on the website) and buy another brand of similar size. The vapex 800mah are readily available in the UK and would do.
      Thank you very much for your answer. You say it reduces life span, what if I was to get a mosfet installed, I hear it expands the lifespan.

Comment

No point buddy... The amoeba gearbox is an electronic trigger. A mosfet would do nothing, other than maybe crap the gearbox electrics up. What is installed in the amoeba gearbox is better than most mosfts. Only the likes of the ASCU and BTC electronic triggers are better really. This is all opinion of course based on having used a fair few fets, an AWS raptor electronic trigger and a BTC chimera. In my opinion the the amoeba electronic box is fantastic, not as many features as the chimera but that's a really advanced unit.

Anyway - reduce lifespan... I take it your quite new to this so excuse me if I am patronising you. Gearboxes have lots of moving parts. Moving parts moving together will ultimately wear each other down, grease helps but nothing will delay the inevitable when you eventually have to replace worn out bits. Now if lets say on a 7.4v battery your amoeba runs at 15 rounds per second and let's say hypotheticaly on an 11.1v it would run at 30 rounds per second... things will probably wear twice as fast. It's like if you have 2 stones and you throw one stone a minute you will have 2 minutes of stone throwing, if you have 2 stones and throw 2 stones a minute you will have 1 minute of stone throwing. Make sense?

And besides all that an 11.1v battery can cause other issues With engagement of the piston and gears that I won't go into because it's more complicated.

What I am getting at dude is be happy with what you've got, it's an excellent gun for the money, throw some little 7.4v batteries in it and have fun. If you must then upgrade the motor, I recommend an she high torque motor. Although it made little difference to the honey badger because it's got such awesome trigger response anyway.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ry1995 Find out more about Ry1995
        Working...
        X