Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing/Customs Charges/asia

Hay guys,

I recently, (on the 3rd of this month) purchased a WE GBB Scar from asia, i went through the usual stuff, gave my site registration number ect and asked them to put it on the box. They sent it on the 4th and amazingly the tracking number they gave me said it was in the UK by the 5th, now however its ‘awaiting customs charging” i know i’m going to get billed for this, so thats not an issue, the issue i have is its been in this ‘custom charging’ status for six days now!

Can you guys give me any advice or how to sort this, or advice on who to contact? I’ve been on the customs site but its a mess of claims advice and other useless (to my case) topics, i just want to know whats going on, if i can find out whats going on and why its taking so darn long to get it.
    I mean, if they need a particular piece of information that maybe they’ve missed surely they’ll send me a letter or ring me confirming my site ID or something right?

Has anyone else had this problem before or does anyone know what to do in this situation?

Cheers for the help in advance guys. Its driving me crazy!
    Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 11 May, 2010, 15:36. Reason: retailer

Re: Importing/Customs Charges/Ehobbyasia

Me i would go a blow up HMRC there customs charges are a fecking joke. i have had to pay a few. get my back up.

Comment

Re: Importing/Customs Charges/Ehobbyasia

They will (in theory, they forgot with one of my imports) write to you requesting payment of their charges.

As you've tracked it and know where it is, you can call them and pay the amount over the phone by debit or credit card.
      sigpic

Comment

Re: Importing/Customs Charges/asia

At some point you'll get a letter telling you what and how to pay. The tracking information will change to something like "held at xxxx depot", where xxxx is your local depot. Once the tracking information changes to this, you'll get the letter the next day and you can pay 24/7 by phone, if you pay before about 7am you should get it the following day.

From hitting UK shores to receiving this letter, could take up to two weeks, usually less than a week although it depends how backed up they are.

Charges will be 13.50 handling charge + VAT of the total price (i.e. price of item + price of shipping), although it depends how much the retailer declared the packet to be worth on the customs declaration. IIRC ehobby puts the full amount on the declaration. It also depends on the currency declared on the declaration, usually USD, and the exchange rates they use when calculating the fees to be paid. You can find the exchange rates they use on their website, if you are curious.

Comment

Im in the same position mate, mine arrived in the country on the 6th, same deal.

I wouldnt worry, just wait for the letter, then pay with a card online quoting the referance. Easy peasy.

Just incredibly irritating and borderline daylight robbery by Parcelforce. No issue with Customs, theyre only getting whats due, but Parcelforce have my unabiding hatred.
          AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

"Charges will be 13.50 handling charge + VAT of the total price (i.e. price of item + price of shipping)"

cant stand these vat charges, i already payed VAT on my order when i bought it, i'm going to end up shelling out £80-100 just to receive the parcel i already spend hundreds on... its stupid, just stupid.

cheers for the info though guys, its much appreciated.

Originally posted by Fenriz View Post
            Just incredibly irritating and borderline daylight robbery by Parcelforce. No issue with Customs, theyre only getting whats due, but Parcelforce have my unabiding hatred.

i bought a G&P stock the first time, from asia, cost me $150dollers. not including shipping. then parcel force wanted £80 to deliver it. drives me up the wall.
            Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 11 May, 2010, 16:21. Reason: swearing

Comment

From what people have worked out on consumer sites, the services Parcelforce perform in the event of a customs charge only amount to £2.80 in excess of the customs charge which youre technically giving to HMC. Where the other £10.70 comes from i dont know. Theyre basically holding your parcel to ransom. Knobbers.
              AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

Originally posted by dxnib1 View Post
                I already payed VAT on my order when i bought it
                No you didn't.

Paying tax is fair and if you don't agree to it, don't import. However, handling charges are a different matter.

As soon as you know it's in-country, phone them up, pay and get it moving. It's not unusual for them to sit on it for several weeks or more.

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                  No you didn't.

Paying tax is fair and if you don't agree to it, don't import. However, handling charges are a different matter.

As soon as you know it's in-country, phone them up, pay and get it moving. It's not unusual for them to sit on it for several weeks or more.

Sadly until it says released from customs, you cant. I literally just rang up to check on mine and pay if possible. This is why i simply hate ordering anything from abroad. If id been able to get it here, i would have. Luckily for me its just Vltor parts, not a gun.
                  AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                  X