Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending a Rifle by Post

Hey guys,

I'm sending my rifle back to the store I brought it from for an upgrade and some added mods. However, due to putting a new rail on the gun it no longer fits in it's standard box. It would cost a fortune to post in the rifle case I keep it in. Has anyone any advice on where to get a box that can fit it securely with some bubble wrap etc.

I've been to the local post office and they don't stock them big enough, and online only seem to do in multi packs.

Cheers guys,
    Dan
    Originally posted by hoggy21
    Welcome to the world of airsoft! Say goodbye to money, all other hobbies and your weekends!

Re: Sending a Rifle by Post

If you've got an electronics store nearby head over there and ask if you can go through their recycling bins.
    All you need is decent packing material and a TV/Fridge box that you can cut up to make your own box to your size requirements.
    Once cut apart just wrap it in as much packing tape as you deem necessary to hold it together.

You don't need to make the package look pretty you just need to make sure it protects the contents.
    Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
    Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Comment

For about £5 I bought a roll of black plastic wrap, looks like a large roll of sticky black clingfilm off ebay, which I use to make a package neat and tidy and secure
      VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
      trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Try your local wilko's for empty boxes, buy few rolls of packaging tape, make secure
        sigpic" Only the living cry for war's end, the dead are quite relaxed about it "

Comment

Buy a roll of thick bin liners, strong tape, approach little local businesses who are desperate for empty boxes to be taken of there hands and news paper to pack out the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Signature Removed

Comment

Bubble wrap the gun then just make a custom fit from card from other boxes.
            That's what I do.

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Druico Find out more about Druico
            Working...
            X