ICS L85 vs G&G L85 which one ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICS L85 vs G&G L85 which one ?

Been looking to buy and L85 I know of a few makes sucks as the ICS, G&G and the star version but looking for a ICS or G&G, iv heard that the ICS versions have a few problems but have heard they are also amazing would just like some advice from people that know more than me before I buy.

Re: ICS L85 vs G&G L85 which one ?

ive got a G&G. have only seen an ICS never used it so cant really comment on performance. but i really like the G&G looks identical to the real steel. so much so i dont think you could tell which was which if they were sat next to each other. i thought the ics greens were a bit of colour on it but a minor niggle. i like the split gearbox on the g&g just the easy to lose blowback catch can be a pain, better off disabling. also my only gripe is when running a DD ris foregrip its difficult to get a battery in there.

Comment

I have quite a bit of experience of the G&G version, both the early A2 with the weird piston and the later A2 version with the sensible piston. Overall, it is a decent gun but, in my experience, even the later version suffers from the following issues:

1. Like most L85 models, the mechanical links between the trigger and the gearbox can cause problems over time as they wear.

2. The cut-off lever is very poor quality and needs replacing by a much harder version or the gun will tend to multi-fire when in semi.

3. It has a horrible tendency to lock up in semi.

4. The mag catch pin falls out very easily.

5. The selector switch needs occasional lubrication to prevent it sticking.

From an aesthetic perspective, the G&G is actually an A1/A2 hybrid, having an A1 handguard and an A2 cocking handle and mag catch shroud. The ICS A2 has the "correct" handguard.

Comment

The ICS one is the best from what I have heard.

I had a friend who bought the first G&G L85A1, back in 2006...he assured me that the magazine couldn't possibly fall out if the catch brushed up on his clothing/webbing; like the real steel A1's...when, no word of a lie, said mag did exactly that...his face was an absolute picture. That this happened in front of a very fair maiden only compounded the hilarity.

I digress. ICS IMHO.
        Wanted - Western Arms Beretta M1934 GBB

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Noodles45 Find out more about Noodles45
        Working...
        X